Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
- To support the Commercial Finance Controller with providing guidance, analysis and insight to support the commercial success of the business.
- The Commercial Finance function provides clear financial management to achieve P&L results, guidance on revenue growth strategies, promotion guidelines and ROI improvement, involved in JBP business planning with key customers, scenario analysis and support on new product development (NPD)
- This role will help support the sales & operating planning business, month end cycle, creation of the annual budget and forecasts, development of long term business planning and the financial implications. This role will also business partner with the Marketing team to ensure success of NPD and develop an in depth understanding of the product portfolio, providing insight on how the P&L can be maximised.
- Outside of Commercial, the role will support the wider Group Finance team on the annual audit process for the commercial function.
The ideal candidate will be one that is passionate not only about the work they do but the brand they work for, takes ownership of what they do, and is able to influence multiple stakeholders in the right way. They will also be able to focus individuals on specific tasks and behaviours, by bringing a positive, encouraging and consistent behaviour and are able to create a compelling story for the future as well as role model the Hovis Leadership Standards.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Qualified Accountant with PQE in Commercial Finance function
- Proven track record of affecting change and business partnering effectively
- A thorough understanding of general accounting functions, i.e., accruals, prepayments, relevant to a Commercial Finance function
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent time management
- Able to comply with tight deadlines
- Team player with “can do” attitude
- Attention to detail
- Experience working within an FMCG manufacturing business
- SAP/Dart/Blueplanner systems experience
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There are a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer enhanced annual leave and maternity/paternity leave, and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.