Job Title: Trainee Sales/Account Manager (Garden & Seasonal)
Location: The North (ideally based M62 corridor Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Yorkshire, Lancashire)
Job Sector: Garden, FMCG, Seasonal
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000+ p.a (negotiable & DOE) + attractive OTE + company car
Job Reference: SS/23308
- Leading supplier of seasonal products and garden/indoor furniture into major multiples, garden centres and independent retailers
- Key accounts include; John Lewis, Asda & TK Maxx
- Achieving incredible year on year growth
- Customer base spans Europe, Australia, USA & Canada
- Successful and growing field sales team
My client is a leading supplier of seasonal products and indoor/outdoor furniture throughout the UK, Europe, Australia, America and Canada. They have recently seen phenomenal growth and are now looking to recruit a Trainee Sales/Account Manager to support the Northern Sales/Account Manager in order to enable them to focus on larger key accounts whilst you manage and develop the smaller but just as important customers!
Ideally based centrally to your patch (Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Yorkshire, Lancashire), you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong and profitable relationships with existing customers as well as opening and building new ones.
You will manage an existing territory of Garden Centres and Independent Retailers, cross – selling and up – selling in order to develop existing business whilst also focussing on prospecting brand new business.
This is a fast – paced multiple category selling environment, working with innovative products and an emphasis on keeping the customer at the heart of everything you do.
Extensive travel will be required; organising, planning and attending appointments with customers and managing your own diary.
Predominantly based from home (when not out with customers) but expected to attend meetings in the northern based head office 1 – 2 times per month.
You will be a true Ambassador for the company and will develop valuable business relationships with new and existing customers across your defined geographical area, taking full ownership of customer’s needs and delivering outstanding account management by effectively planning and managing all activity.
Full and thorough training will be provided as well as continual support on a daily basis.
In order to be considered for the position of Trainee Sales/Account Manager, you must possess the following:
- Experience of working within a Garden Centre or similar retail environment
- An interest and eagerness to move into a field – sales position
- A willingness to learn and a desire to perform
- A target – driven mentality
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- A confident, sociable and high – energy personality
- Well – presented and professional in approach
- Able to work independently
- A full UK driving license
- Based in a central northern location (as listed above)
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary plus an attractive and uncapped on target earning potential, a company car and all business expenses paid.
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.