This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Supply Chain Finance Business Partner
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Ensure efficient integration of all financial-related controls of the Peterborough Plant, under a “start-up” situation.
- Foster a two-way strategic relationship with the Supply Chain functions to take joint ownership with the business for the delivery of financial targets.
- Will play an influential role in relevant management teams and steering group meetings supporting the delivery of initiatives and strategic alignment.
- Guides and supports the site leadership team by constructively challenging to test decisions and gain an intimate knowledge of the business.
- Independently reaserch link to root cause drivers, explain and suggest corrective action for financial variances between current results, prior year, forecast and budget.
- Distinguish and quantify volume and rate impact in analysis and communicate analysis to senior local and regional management.
- Differentiate material versus immaterial variances, analyse and reconcile balances on the income statement and balance sheet, as applicable, identifying the pertinent focus areas and communicate, effectively and clearly, to local and regional management.
- Maintains an effective control environment and SOX compliance. Identify areas of potential control weakness, suggest and implement solutions to minimize risk.
- Plan, identify, gather and organize data to create forward looking financial information for multiple segments of the local business, with a detail knowledge of the basis used to create the information including the sources, methods, activities and drivers used and understanding the financial planning processes (budgeting and forecasting activities and strategic plan, as applicable).
- Perform business modelling as necessary, organizing and inputting data and printing the pertinent reports at the local business level and review for accuracy. Interpret these results and provide explanation to senior local management.
- Provide financial support for the evaluation of an identified opportunity or issue (e.g. CCI initiative, investment return, balancing cost with performance and impact of operational decisions)
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Relevant Accounting Qualification in region e.g. CIMA or ACCA is essential
- Financial planning experience in manufacturing / cost accounting and knowledge of activity based costing highly desirable.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the capabilities of transaction & reporting systems including, but not limited to Hyperion, SAP, Business Warehouse or other local systems
- Good proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Good analytical skills and broad understanding of the Supply Chain business and the markets
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good technical Finance understanding and commercial understanding
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no. 90729)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.