Food and Beverage Trade Specialist at the Embassy of the Czech Republic
The Embassy of the Czech Republic in London is currently offering an exciting opportunity for an ambitious expert to promote Czech food and beverage exports and related technologies.
The aim is to facilitate support of Czech companies from sectors of agriculture, food, beverage, and food-processing technologies and their exports from the Czech Republic to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK), in particular:
- Searching for new export opportunities and establishing new business contacts in the UK for Czech companies in the agricultural and food industry sector;
- Organization of events and campaigns to boost exports of Czech agricultural products to the UK (in cooperation with Ministry of Agriculture CZ and Czech Embassy in London);
- Providing support with administration related to trade in agricultural products between the Czech Republic and the UK;
- Communication with Czech companies interested in doing business in the UK in relation to valid regulations;
- Cooperation with (incl. reporting the results) to the Embassy and to Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in field of economics, agriculture or food science and technology;
- Working knowledge of the British agricultural, food, and beverage sector;
- 3 years of work experience of at least intermediate management level in trade in agricultural products, technologies, food and/or beverages an advantage;
- Proven success in technical sales an advantage;
- Independence and result orientation;
- Willingness to travel within the UK and to the Czech Republic;
- English at the native speaker level;
- Knowledge of Czech language an advantage;
- Membership in a professional chamber or association in the agricultural and food sector an advantage.
- Prestigious high profile position in the field of diplomatic representation;
- 1 year contract (with a three-month probationary period) with the possibility of extension;
- Flexible working hours, option of working from home anywhere in the UK (with office presence at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in London 1 – 2 times a month).
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the role by 21st May 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org