Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supply Chain Finance Manager to join the team(based at either our Forest Gate or Erith site). You will be responsible for directly supporting a base site and remote sites as allocated. To drive the cost agenda within the Manufacturing business areas. To act as the financial business partner to the Site Directors providing challenge, influence and insight. Additionally, you will ensure appropriate effective controls and processes are in place within the operation whilst supporting local and national projects within Supply Chain.
Working with the Finance and Supply Chain teams, some of the key accountabilities include;
- Making sure that finance have input to all major business decisions relating to their sphere of influence
- Developing relationships with Supply Chain SLT, so that finance advice is sought as a matter of course. Become a trusted member of those teams
- Educating the Regional Operational teams about cash and EBITDA, and how they can influence this
- Challenging the Operational teams to improve performance via regular focused reporting of key financial and key performance information
- Delivering high quality daily, weekly and monthly reporting which enables the business to understand its financial performance vs budget/latest plan and vs prior periods/year on year
- Delivering revised Forecast and budgets as required for the regional manufacturing operation. Ensuring the operational team own their plan. Plans should be challenging and deliver overall business requirements
- Helping management appraise the viability of projects by taking the financial lead, making sure that all financial implications are considered for all options
- Ensuring that Stock is tightly controlled via focused reporting, and regular stock takes.
- Ensuring that all key controls are in place and working effectively. Identify areas where weakness in controls occur and implement corrective action in conjunction with the Operational teams
- Supporting the development of direct report
The ideal candidate will be one that is passionate not only about the work they do but the brand they work for, takes ownership of what they do, and is able to influence multiple stakeholders in the right way. They will also be able to focus individuals on specific tasks and behaviours, by bringing a positive, encouraging and consistent behaviour and are able to create a compelling story for the future as well as role model the Hovis Leadership Standards.
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Qualified accountant with at least 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of FMCG Manufacturing- site based
- Up to date with latest accounting policies etc
- Effective written and presentation skills
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines
- Experience od standard costing
- Strong people management skills
- SAP/Business objects/Tableau
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There are a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer enhanced annual leave and maternity/paternity leave, and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other