Gressingham Foods are the UK’s leading duck supplier, founded in 1971 with the Head Office in Debach, the company has grown and expanded to areas across the UK. Due to exciting growth & team restructure this year, Gressingham are looking to expand their retail sales team and have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic National Account Manager. The role is based at our Redgrave site in Suffolk, although will be required to visit our retail customers at various locations across the UK. Your role will be to develop and drive forward a group of retail national accounts for our well-known branded poultry products as well as retail own label products, strategic promotional and range planning, data sharing, category development and long-term/ joint business planning. The role will include collaborative project work alongside Marketing, NPD, Technical and Planning departments and day to day contact with retail buyers and regular meetings. Salary range from £40,000 – £45,000 per year, dependent on experience
Essential for the role Gressingham are looking for someone with previous account management experience at a national account level, as retail account experience would be ideal, experience managing branded and own label products (beneficial but not essential), poultry industry experience would be a benefit to the candidate not essential.
- Management of some of Gressingham’s largest customers, with P&L detail
- Create and provide forecasting and sales analysis to relevant departments
- Negotiation of pricing, margins and shelf positioning
- Support the brand image and values in store
- IT Literate, especially the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Strong selling & negotiation skills
- Effective time management
- The ability to develop strong commercial propositions
- Able to work efficiently on your own
- Good teamwork & Communication skills
Laptop & Mobile Phone to be provided. Benefits package dependent on experience, including private healthcare, workplace pension, company car and a company performance related bonus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team, but fast paced business in an extremely innovative sector.
Please note – This is a full time office based role, with exceptions being if visiting customers.
Interested in applying? Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org