We are delighted to be working exclusively with a privately owned manufacturing company specialising in consumer goods products. Based in the Midlands they are currently keen to add to their successful senior management team with a Procurement & Inventory Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director this new role is to coordinate the procurement of raw materials as well as supporting the warehouse function with inventory management and analysis to make sure they have the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
The role also supports the manufacturing operation in ensuring the workflow is structured and efficient.
This role will also oversee the IT and H&S functions within the business.
- Lead and manage procurement/supply chain projects in an authoritative and professional manner
- Forecasting likely levels of demand for products to meet business needs and ensuring a constant check on inventory levels and obsolescence rates across the range
- Managing inventory across three sites
- Ensuring all purchases are bought at the most competitive prices, delivered on time, and meeting agreed quality standards
- Management, maintenance and recording of supplier contracts including service agreements, terms and conditions, and product quality standards
- Manage existing raw material and service providers to ensure consistency of supply which underpins customer demand levels
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Authorise and validate invoices / price changes across all suppliers
- Organise audits / stock counts and material
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- Overseeing the H&S function of the business
- Oversee the company IT function and managing a team of IT professionals
- Be an effective member of the Management Team and to contribute to the overall Company objectives; respecting current structure but developing a policy of continuous improvement.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary to support this key position.
Key skills and attributes:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within Procurement/Supply Chain preferably within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team working skills including the ability to develop, lead and motivate teams
- Proactive, self-motivated and works from own initiative.
- Degree level in supply chain management, business administration or similar preferable but not essential
- Good Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing and negotiating terms.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
This position will suit an individual who has a passion and drive for continual improvement, establishing efficient and productive systems and someone who has the energy and desire to deliver industry leading results.