Working for a fast-growing food manufacturer and leader in their category. Due to continued growth, we are looking a NPD Manager.
You will be responsible for developing new products and manufacturing processes or the modification of existing manufacturing systems to ensure that new products are progressed from concept, development, trial, and testing stages to full commercial production. This is strong project management role.
- Develop new products from kitchen scale through to successful production launch, ensuring that product consistency and repeatability are achieved throughout the entire process.
- Formulate product recipes to comply with agreed specifications.
- Plan, organise and manage process/production trials to agreed project timescales.
- Ensure all products and manufacturing processes are accurately costed within specific project briefs.
- Support initial production trials and be available to trouble shoot and provide expert advice as and when required.
- Familiarise and become totally conversant with all manufacturing processes within the Company.
- Propose and make improvements or modifications to existing manufacturing processes.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Excellent team working and organisation skills, coupled with flair, passion and creativity for product development.
• Relevant NPD / Technical knowledge gained from a Food Manufacturing environment.
• Have great leadership and communication skills, who can be influential within the team.