- Extremely successful, market leading FMCG and retail brand, with £multi-billion turnover
- Customers first choice in the sector they operate within and constantly innovating and evolving the product range and customer proposition.
- They are launching their highly successful brands into the out of home channel across, travel, leisure, hospitality and contract catering and are looking to recruit a Head of Business Development to create and deliver a 5-year strategy which delivers the commercial objectives.
- As Head of New Business you will lead the team of 5 to identify and approach key target partners that meet the brand aspirations that will drive the growth agenda for new business.
- The Head of New Business will create and deliver a business plan which delivers the budgeted sales and profit targets across multiple propositions and brands. You will lead the commercial development and negotiation of contracts and onboarding new partners at a director level.
- The Head of New Business will have a wealth of contacts in the retail (convenience, forecourt, grocery) and out of home channel (travel, leisure, hospitality and contract catering) and be able to maximize these relationships to deliver sales.
- In the role the Head of New Business you will map the market to identify opportunities and will define and implement an end to end new business process that ensures professionalism and delivery at all stages.
- It is essential that you have a proven track record of winning business within the out of home and retail channels
- As the Head of New Business you will have experience of setting up a new team that has successfully delivered sales and profit targets.
- You will be a fantastic leader and motivator who can coach and train individuals to achieve success.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and will be motivated by new business wins’
- As the Head of New Business you will have the gravitas and strength of character to deliver results in a fast paced commercial environment.
- You will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to operate without all the detail.
Benefits & details:
- You will thrive in a matrix blue chip structure that is down to earth and personable.
- This new role is a succession role within the business and could progress to a director position
- Excellent package – up to £140,000 plus benefits
- Location – head office is based in Bedfordshire. You will be there once a week
Please send your CV using the form on this page, quoting reference 1/15581/7. Confidentiality assured.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please search our vacancies on our website.