Secondary Sales Manager - North England
Salary dependent on skills and experience
OUP offers a full range of benefits
Region: North England
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast-changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Lead and manage team of sales consultants
• Coach and train sales consultants
• Ensure targets are met/exceeded
Duties of the role include:
1. Achieve team revenue targets
2. Team adoption targets
3. Team customer retention targets
4. Performance management of team members
5. Ad hoc duties/projects in line with strategic aims of business
You will have:
• Leading and coaching a team
• Experience of selling digital products and services
• Experience of selling to educational establishments
• Target driven
Skills & Knowledge
• Consultative Sales Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to construct and deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences
• Ability to think creatively, independently and flexibly
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS COVERING THE NORTH OF ENGLAND AND THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO BE HOME BASED IN TERRITORY. ONCE PERMITTED, WE ENVISAGE 3 DAYS OF THE WEEK WILL BE SPENT TRAVELLING TO SCHOOLS.
We’re all currently working from home at the moment due to COVID. We are currently thinking through how we use our offices in the future and are open to discussing flexibility within this such as a blend of office and home working.
We care about work/life balance here at OUP and are open to discussing flexibility in respect of working hours and the use of technology to support regular remote working, dependent on role.
We help make your money go further by contributing to your pension up to 11%, offering loans and savings schemes through our partnership with Salary Finance, in addition to travel to work schemes and access to a wide range of local discounts.
Please see our Rewards and Recognition page for more information.
Please contact Grace.McFadyen@oup.com with any queries relating to this role.
Closing date: 5 May 2021
To apply please visit:
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.