Senior Director, Data Strategy & Governance
Position Overview Aligned with Enterprise Digital Transformation initiatives, the Senior Director, Data Strategy & Governance drives the identification, acquisition and utilization of commercial data and other relevant data sources to accelerate speed-to-market and empower bold business decisions through enhanced insights and analytics. The leader is responsible for leading the enterprise in the journey to become more data driven to drives actionable insights. Develops and matures culture across the enterprise to foster data as an asset and as a business enabling capability. Leverages company-wide expertise to identify opportunities to utilize data for competitive advantage and innovation.
- Leading governance of data strategy and prioritizes areas of focus for enhancing data and analytics capabilities across the enterprise
- Defining and lead programs to ensure data analysis solutions are integrated and coordinated to maximize value across the enterprise
- Responsible for setting, driving, and implementing governance framework, activities and processes
- Providing strategic direction on the evaluation, improvement, and development of functional capabilities relating to business analytics and data integration. Identifies and develops innovative uses of existing/evolving data sources to drive competitive advantage
- Providing overall leadership across business groups and functions for data governance initiatives related to enterprise digital transformation
- Accountable for creating & maintaining data, policies, practices, initiatives & compliance.
- Establishing data governance across key business functions to enable enterprise digital transformation that meet business objectives and drive outcomes
- Transforming enterprise analytics capabilities by driving change and fostering a data-driven culture across the organization
- Identifying skills needed for now and future, provide education and support to develop skills across organization and retention approach for key talent in the data and analytics areas of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or M.B.A in Information Technology field or related business topic
- Relevant experience leading business enterprise data strategy involving transforming data-driven culture. Leading data governance initiatives across multiple functions and geographies
- Relevant experience in developing and enhancing data driven strategy including establishing governance approach, monitoring outcomes and improving use of data and analytics to deliver business value to existing and new business models
- Proven experience forming, leading, developing and coaching direct and cross functional high performing teams to deliver short and long-term strategies, grow industry /process /business skills and build a robust talent pipeline
- Experience in formation of multi-million dollar operating and capital budgets. Ability to perform reviews of financial analysis and understand implications to broader McCormick business outcomes
- Experience working in global, multicultural environments which require cultural awareness
- Proven business experience global program management
- Experience negotiating large vendor engagements and contracts for products and service management
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with business executives and senior leaders to understand business objectives and influence directional strategies to improve growth and performance of the company
- Strong relationship management skills to build and maintain credibility and confidence with executive level, stakeholders, strategic partners and employees
- Strong personal presence and ability to influence, galvanize and align stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong external industry connections
- Able to draw on industry and business insights to incorporate in the solution roadmap.
- Strategic and forward thinking with strong business acumen with ability to identify and proactively address impacts disruptions
- Change management expertise that integrates the project, cultural and business impacts
- Strong business and financial acumen for project, capital and operational budgets including experience of collaborating with business to develop, implement and realize return on investment
- Able to establish business cases for change and articulates those business cases for budget/funding, including enterprise collaboration for prioritization with other solution areas
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time maximum as appropriate
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 92865).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.