This role is based in the North.
- It will require a high level of Site contact. 3-4 Days on site.
- Candidates will need to be based in or close to the North.
Our Client is a Leading Private Label Chilled Food Business operating across 2 core product categories and have significant market share across most major retail customers. They have also recently entered a 3rd product category area that is very much in vogue within chilled and is in double digit growth. Their 3-year strategic goal is to continue to succeed in the “elusive tightrope” of driving both Quality & Value within their core offering whilst pioneering new areas of food development within the market, thus creating new revenue streams that propel them into their next growth stage. To achieve this, they commit strong levels of investment into both Product Development and Leading-Edge Commercial/Category solutions. As part of this a major “key” differentiator is their Commercial Leadership Team; and this is where you could make the difference.
As the Sales Director you will be tasked with managing & building the total Retail Business Unit with an RSV north of £150M. Working cross functionally both internally and externally you will drive a strong growth agenda within your business unit that will play a significant part in maximising EBIT performance of the UK business as whole. To achieve you will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally and externally to the business. Your short-term goals will be 2 years out, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date. Working at close quarters with the UK Managing Director, Head of Category and your respective SLT Cohort your plans will form the “Commercial & Category Compass” for the business to set its course. Within this, the Core Elements will be:
- Develop and lead the vision for the Total Chilled Business; secure key stakeholder buy-in, including The Group Executive, employees and board.
- Lead and develop a Commercial Team to deliver first class service and clear blue water within Major Retailer Channel.
- As an Executive Board member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business.
- Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, both trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Board expectations are to achieve c40% Growth over the next 4-5 Years.
- Develop a Commercial Strategy which takes the UK Business to the next level and builds substantial equity as a modern and innovative Private Label Business.
- Define the growth categories and consumer need states and energise the origination and delivery of innovation which maximise growth opportunities.
- Lead and coach a 1st class commercial & support team, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach and establishing a high-performance culture.
This role will be your building block to a 1-2 step career development curve with the business, which will ultimately see you reaching a Bigger Commercial Board Role or a General Manager/MD appointment.
Candidates must have gained strong Senior Commercial/Sales experience in a Chilled Food Business, ideally at either Head Sales or Director level. However, the client is also willing to consider exceptional candidates who could be at BUD or even Controller Level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A Foodie perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Executive Board Team.