Senior Brand Manager
Salary DOE + Travel + Bonus + Benefits
Broadland Drinks are one of the UK’s fastest growing wine business’, ranking at number 60 on the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 list. With a passionate and growing team of over 150 people across the UK and the USA their mission is simple. To create brands that people love.
With a team of genuine experts across all functions including new product development, sustainability, wine sourcing, consumer research, international markets, drinks science and more they offer a breadth of knowledge that not many other drinks companies can rival!
They have a state-of-the-art winery and drinks hub at their home in Norfolk, that is sustainably powered, BRC AA++ accredited, Fairtrade and Organic certified and produces up to 50mL a year. This enables them to create innovative, market leading products as well as provide excellent own brand creation to the UK’s top retailers.
As a business, the growth of their branded portfolio in recent years has been phenomenal. With market leading brands such as MINIVINO and Three Mills, alongside award winning wines such as Waipapa Bay and El Tesoro, and lifestyle products including La Fiesta and Proudly Vegan they have a range to suit everybody’s tastes. These brands are now worth over £39m in retail sales, and only continue to grow and for this reason Broadland Drinks are seeking to recruit a talented Senior Brand Manager.
As Senior Brand Manager, reporting to the Marketing Director, your role will be pivotal to the global growth of Broadland’s brands. You will be tasked with brand and activation planning whilst you look to grow and develop your own team of marketers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering amazing brand plans to deliver the branded drinks growth strategy
- Line managing the performance and development of the Brand Managers (currently 2 roles)
- Working with teams across the business (commercial, finance, supply chain) to launch new products within the brand portfolio
- Working alongside the sales team to win new listings and grow sales in existing stockists for Broadland Brands
- Develop and design brand communications plans both for consumers and customers to generate sales growth and new listings for the brand portfolio. These will include PR, on and offline advertising, in store shopper activation and promotions
- With the Brands Team, be the online voice of the brands (across social media channels e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and to be a brand ambassador for the business at events
- With the Brands Team, monitor and respond to customer comments and feedback on social media and to share this with the relevant quality manager or responsible person in the business and use customer insight to inform brand development
- Keeping up to date with the changing market and competitor activity and share this with the wider marketing team (with the support of the insight manager)
- Regularly reviewing activity and reporting back results of activity monthly for the Exec Board
The perfect candidate will be a passionate, and ambitious Brand or Senior Brand Manager who is both creative and highly commercial. You will be focused on results and able to lead and motivate a team.
Key criteria will include:
- 5+ years’ experience in wine or alcoholic drinks working with Top 5 retailers on actively listed brands. Experience of a range of channels is an advantage (convenience, wholesale, mult-grocer).
- US or International marketing experience
- Experience of annual brand planning and budget responsibility
- Previous line management experience of Brand Managers.
- A passionate and ambitious person who loves brands and understanding consumers.
- Great communications skills both internally and externally to share the vision for the brand and drive growth to meet the business strategy.
- A broad set of brand management skills which are up to date and include online activations, PR and influencer engagement as well as more traditional shopper marketing, on pack activity and retailer specific campaigns.
- Relevant marketing/brand management qualification/Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing desirable but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing business with a fantastic culture. If you would like to learn more and feel you have what it takes to be a success in the Broadland Drinks team, please forward a copy of your CV to Wesley Ferguson on email@example.com