- A very successful, high quality outdoor furniture manufacturer
- UK and European reputation for design excellence
- Supplying retail and commercial customers from garden centres to golf resorts
Established in 1994, Alexander Rose has earned a reputation for supplying beautifully designed outdoor furniture that is manufactured to exacting standards and supported by the highest levels of customer service. The retirement of the company’s founder provides an outstanding opportunity for an experienced commercial leader to take the company into an exciting new future.
The Role of Managing Director:
For long term growth and performance Alexander Rose needs to evolve as a market led company and are now seeking a new market orientated leader to take over as MD for the 2021/22 season. Employed as the designated successor as MD and leader of the Company, the new Managing Director will be tasked with driving the company’s commercial performance while preserving its culture, standards and environmental conscience. Key responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining and evolving domestic market sales, including garden centres and other retailers.
- Inspiring sales into new growth markets including digital, export and commercial.
- Continuously developing the product range to meet the needs of customers.
- Leading a management team across Supply Chain, Design, Sales and Customer Service functions.
- Identifying new product sources and negotiating profitable supply contracts.
- Creating opportunities for the Alexander Rose team members to reach their full potential.
- Regular communication and reporting to the Board members.
Candidate Profile: Managing Director:
This is a role for an experienced commercial leader, with experience of bringing consumer goods to market. We are looking for that rare individual with an understanding of product manufacturing/sourcing balanced with strong skills in sales and marketing. In addition you should be able to offer:
- Proven experience leading a consumer goods manufacturing or distribution business.
- General Manager abilities including understanding P/L, strategy development, team skills.
- Strong market emphasis.
- Understanding of the need for vision and long-term planning coupled with the ability to lead day to day activity.
- Multi-channel sales experience such as retail, commercial, online and export.
- A flair for product sourcing, development or design.
- Successful experience of building high performing teams.
- Advanced commercial and negotiation skills.
- A home location within a commutable distance of Burgess Hill.
The job holder will enjoy an attractive reward package, the support of highly engaged owners and the opportunity to lead one of the leading UK suppliers in this market.
For more information please contact:
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.