Following continued investment, an exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of E-Commerce Business Development Manager for a market leading building products manufacturer. The successful candidate should be enthused to be able to continue this trend. The brand encompasses many products including building chemicals, flooring and wall finishing products, sealants, adhesives, waterproofing and landscaping products.
The E-Commerce Business Development Manager role involves managing several existing high E-Commerce focused accounts, finding and developing new accounts within the E-Commerce channel and providing E-Commerce support to other sales channels of the business when necessary.
Working closely with the E-Commerce Sales Manager and Head of E-Commerce as well as Marketing, Production, Purchasing, Warehousing and the wider sales teams your role will ensure the business continues to provide its market leading standards to all its distribution partners
The successful candidate should have e-commerce experience, in particular from a commercial aspect.
- Take on ownership to profitably grow several existing e-commerce focused distribution partners, to ensure sales opportunities are maximised and secured for long-term profitable growth in this channel.
- Create new opportunities with e-commerce focused accounts to generate new sales
- Utilise available analytics tools to track sales trends and identify opportunities for growth
- Work with the e-commerce and sales teams to help drive channel sales and improve/maintain margin levels as appropriate
- Collaborate with sales peers, marketing, operations and management to ensure we are offering the very best e-commerce experience to our customers and the end user.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in sales, buying or category management of E-Commerce in a B2B environment
- Operates effectively in a team
- Has adaptability and willingness to learn
- Has an excellent grasp of the commercial aspect of e-commerce
- Has effective interpersonal skills, IT skills and presentation skills
- Is influential, engaging and persuasive
- Has excellent communication skills
- Problem solves with creativity
- Has knowledge and experience of working with e-commerce platforms
- Is comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines
- Has experience of DIY and Building Industry products and how they work and current technologies is an advantage but not essential