National Account Manager
Up to £40,000 basic+ bonus + car + benefits
We are a leading manufacturer of quality products. Unrivalled quality, innovation and service have positioned us as the supplier of choice for customers in the UK and overseas. Organic growth and business gains have led to the need to appoint a dynamic and talented National Account Manager.
Due to the success of the business to date including significant distribution gains in the major grocery multiples and e-commerce, we now require a national account manager to continue to win and further develop our business within discounters and high street customers.
Reporting to the Senior National Account Manager, you will help develop the business plan and sales strategy. You will be responsible for the delivery of this plan. As this is a predominantly new channel strategy development role your major KPI will be to grow sales by developing relationships, managing the promotional spend and developing retailer category plans ensuring they integrate with company and sector strategy.
Ideal candidates will have come from an FMCG food manufacturer that has provided them with classical sales training and an understanding of the core needs of modern account / business management. An ability to manage complex negotiations backed up with a grasp of category management is essential. You will be an action orientated, self-starting and passionate individual with a proven ability to unlock accounts and make things happen.
Your key performance indicators will include driving profitable sales volume and managing local and national trade promotional spend. Developing relationships at head office level cross functionally including buying, category and supply chain teams will be important. You will be supported and developed in this role, working extremely closely with the Senior National Account Manage. You will be given your own P&L responsibility.
- An ability to negotiate at a level that maintains and builds the long term relationships
- Energetic and passionate about quality, indulgent brands.
- In a national account sales position within FMCG, with a proven ability of making things happen
- Training, development and support will be given for the selected candidate
- Possess excellent IT skills and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Highly charismatic and confident person who is exudes positivity in all elements of their role.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, exhibiting tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and absolute professionalism at all times.
APPLY: USE reference HJS / 197
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.