Are you an Procurement Professional looking to inherit a pivotal direct spend for highly successful consumer product business with multiple recognisable household brands?
This exciting Household Goods Business, who take pride in delivering multiple product ranges both in the UK and internationally, have created a Senior Buyer, to focus on both their packaging and raw materials spend.
This role will take responsibility for key purchasing categories, primarily being focussed on packaging for the business across a global supply base. Key to the success of the position will be the ability to taking increasing autonomy of significant spends for the business, and driving procurement strategies to identify new suppliers, develop cost-reduction initiatives and mitigate risk from a supply perspective.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Develop, gain agreement to, manage and implement category sourcing strategies
- Investigate and monitor supply market trends and evaluate / select appropriate suppliers who can support the business needs
- Formally assess new suppliers against pre-defined risk assessment criteria.
- Plan and execute data collection focussed on understanding supplier costs, capabilities and commitments
- Evaluate objective vendor performance and take action to develop, improve or remove suppliers
- Support the NPD process as required, taking responsibility for costing sheet compilation and management. This will include the identification of relevant suppliers and products that offer the best solution for product development and the customer
- Develop proposals for review with Production Management, R&D and Quality functions, regarding supplier approvals / specification changes which will reduce risk or cost or add value
• Proven track record in raw material purchasing, ideally within an FMCG business
• CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS qualification
• Sourcing packaging would be beneficial
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Team player
• Able to work on own initiative
If you are looking to work with some great brands, in an autonomous role to further your procurement career then hit the “apply button!”