BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – LEADING UK DRINKS COMPANY
Global Brands is the leading independent drinks brand development business, which owns, markets, and distributes a broad portfolio of well-known beverages across the on trade and off trade channels. Our broad range spans our award-winning Franklin & Sons premium soft drinks & craft mixer range, well-loved brands such as VK, HOOCH, All Shook Up, Shake Baby Shake, premium spirits, and beer. We have the ambition to become the UK’s No.1 independent drinks company and our brands are also available in 68 countries worldwide
During the Covid-19 pandemic our business has traded to a consistent level, due to our continued expansion into the major mult grocers and by working increasingly in new, high volume areas, such as own label products. As we now begin to see the gradual reopening of all hospitality sectors, we are ready to jump right back in to the on trade sector and bolster our sales team with a role focussed specifically on the London markets. This unique role will present the opportunity for quick progression through our business. For the right person, the intention is the BDM role will develop quickly over a period of 18 months, leading to a promotion to Field Sales Manager, taking responsibility for our entire London team and strategy.
Who are we looking for? An already experienced drinks sales operator, based in greater London, with a wealth of London connections, ready and eager for a rare career opportunity to grow in to a management position.
Key responsibilities within the job are:
• Deliver growth through Business Development and Business Planning (JBP);
• Deliver the P&L expectations for this Business Unit through expansion of existing business and generation of new business/channels thus increasing volume, distribution and profit of GBL’s premium portfolio;
• Prepare contractual proposals grounded in clear commercial rationale and in line with internal statements of authority & approval processes. A demonstration of total account management including all aspects of category mix that successfully delivers the account plan/s;
• Developing marketing propositions and strategies, in collaboration with our large in house marketing team in HO, whilst maximising GBL profitability;
• Embrace a peer to peer coaching culture that enables you to learn from colleagues in delivering greater efficiencies, effectiveness and growth for the business; and
• Development in skillset and results of direct report. You will be supported to achieve this by your London Sales Manager with 6 weekly review meetings in place where you will be expected to show your progress and development
• Comprehensive drinks sales experience.
• Strong commercial and communications skills.
• Presentation and negotiation skills at CBM level.
• Ability to interface confidently both internally and externally and at all levels.
• Category/brand knowledge across all drink segments.
Global Brands Ltd proudly manages all its Talent Acquisition and onboarding processes in house. Please no Recruitment Agency enquiries.