Our Client is a Leading Branded and Own Label Food Group within the FMCG arena, operating across several product categories they have an unquestionable appetite for success. The 3-5 year strategic goal is to succeed in the “elusive tightrope” of driving both Quantity & Value within their core offering, that will see their market growth increase considerably. In order to achieve this, they commit strong levels of investment into both Product Development and Leading Edge Commercial/OOH solutions. They have realised their strategic goals by growing through both strong organic growth combined with Rapid and Strong Entry into New Markets. One of the keys to growth has been their ability to drive a Growth agenda with the OOH & Foodservice; and in doing so establish a Best Food Solutions. Operating within the Foodservice/Leisure and Food to Go arena their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning Foodservice customers and consumers alike.
As result they are now seeking to appoint a National Account Controller- Foodservice, OOH, Leisure & Food To Go.
As the National Account Controller- Foodservice/OOH you will be tasked with managing a Business Unit of significant size with the respective Senior Managers reporting in. Working cross functionally both internally and externally you will drive a strong growth agenda within your business unit that will play a significant part in maximising EBIT performance of the UK business as whole. In order to achieve this you will take ownership of driving a “change agenda” both internally and externally to the business. Your short-term goals will be 2 years out, whilst long-term goals will be devised some 5 years into the future, hence the intellectual stretch you will experience will be unparalleled in your career to date.
Within this, the Core Elements will be:
- Develop and lead the vision for the UK Foodservice/OOH Channel; secure key stakeholder buy-in, including The Group Executive, employees and board.
- Lead and develop a Commercial Team
- Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, both trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- As an SLT member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Expectations are to achieve c40% Growth over the next 3-4 Years.
- Develop a Commercial Strategy which takes the UK Business to the next level and builds substantial equity as a modern and innovative OOH & Food To Go business.
- Lead and coach a 1st class commercial & insights support team, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach and establishing a high-performance culture.
- This role will be your building block to a 1-2 step career development curve with the business, which will ultimately see you reaching a Bigger Commercial Board Role.
Candidate must have gained strong Commercial/Sales Foodservice experience in a Leading Food Business at either Controller or BUD/Head of Level. The role requires a real “can do” mentality alongside a creative flair for solution focused thinking inside a matrix framework. Finally the role will need a huge amount of Drive and Passion for delivering real quality to the end consumer combined with a creative flair for delivering ground breaking Customer Solutions.