Key Account Manager – Business Development
Based in London & Home Counties
Royal Talens is a manufacturer and supplier of high-quality painting, drawing and colouring materials for artists, creative hobbyists, designers, children and educational institutes. The company is recognised globally amongst artist, hobbyist and beginners for its quality brands such as Talens, Rembrandt, Amsterdam, Van Gogh. Talens Art Creation, Bruynzeel and for its Sakura products. Headquartered in Apeldoorn, Holland we produce, distribute and promote more than 10, 000 finished articles to more than 100 countries.
We are part of the Japanese, Sakura Colour Products Corporation, the family owned Sakura Group was founded in 1921 and is now a global leader in artists, school, hobby & Crafts materials, stationery and writing instruments. Not only do we create superior products we also do this by carrying out our business in a sustainable manner, now and in the future. Since our inception, we have developed a global reputation for both the extensiveness and quality of their product ranges alongside our modus operandi of openness, transparency, and professionalism of our global team of passionate, knowledgeable and customer focused representatives and supporting employees.
Key Account Manager/Business Development - Appointment
Reporting to the Managing Director, UK & Ireland, we currently wish to receive applications from candidate who will be located centrally within this region and preferably to the west of London between the M4 and M1 corridor living 45 minutes away from the Wokingham office as the role requires you to travel to the office at least twice a week.
Offering a basic salary of up to £40,000 per annum, based on knowledge/experience, plus up to a 15% bonus. We also provide the range of benefits including a company vehicle, laptop, phone etc that the successful candidate would need to secure the professional management of the key accounts.
The Key Account Manager – Business Development position is responsible for managing existing strategic channels, education, industrial and/or online, with a key focus on business development and with the emphasis of 50/50 for existing versus new opportunities.
In addition, your main goal is to maximize sales and profit opportunities to major and key national accounts for Royal Talens, umbrella brands and associated products.
- Exploring new markets & drawing up plans to create new business opportunities
- Developing key account plans and convert into specific sales activities, where necessary by visiting the customers
- Utilizing market instruments including prices, margins, technical service, advertising, logistics, etc. within vested rights.
- Initiate, develop and launch campaigns (for existing and new markets) in cooperation with the marketing executive
- Deliver and exceed both financial and productivity targets
- Generation, analyse and evaluation of sales figures in relation to objectives (budget, market and competition developments)
- To monitor the sales and return, monitoring and management of profitability for the designated channels and key accounts
- Maintaining communication with organizations who are interested in cooperation
- Maintaining contact with key clients and conduction negotiations with main suppliers and ensure the maintenance of the commercial relationship
- Maintaining contact with other departments of the company in order to coordinate activities
- Actively participate in the planning of new marketing activities and other necessary actions
- Acquiring monthly accounting information for the study of the effectiveness of sales activities
- Performance of necessary correcting actions in the event of renunciation of other sales activities
- Building and maintenance of relevant internal and external contacts (incl. press and professional journals)
- Representative company performance via social media
- Initiation and lead major sales projects and participation in interdisciplinary projects.
Applications in the first instance should be sent to our UK Human Resources team firstname.lastname@example.org providing a full CV and a brief cover note as to why you consider yourself suited to the key accounts of high quality artist materials and to join our UK team. Initial selected candidates will be contacted within 7 days of receipt for a telephone discussion. No agencies please.