Job Title: Sales/Account Manager (Garden & Seasonal)
Location: The South (ideally based Essex, Middlesex, Oxfordshire, Berkshire or Bristol)
Job Sector: Garden, FMCG, Seasonal
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000+ p.a (negotiable & DOE) + attractive OTE + company car
Job Reference: SS/23307
- Leading supplier of seasonal products and garden/indoor furniture into major multiples, garden centres and independent retailers
- Key accounts include; John Lewis, Asda & TK Maxx
- Achieving incredible year on year growth
- Customer base spans Europe, Australia, USA & Canada
- Successful and growing field sales team
My client is a leading supplier of seasonal products and indoor/outdoor furniture throughout the UK, Europe, Australia, America and Canada. They have recently seen phenomenal growth and are now looking to recruit an experienced sales professional to join the successful field sales team and to cover the large South UK territory.
Ideally based centrally to your patch (Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Oxfordshire, Berkshire) and reporting in to the Sales Director, you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong and profitable relationships with existing customers as well as opening and building new ones.
You will manage an existing territory of Garden Centres and Independent Retailers and some key accounts, cross – selling and up – selling in order to develop existing business whilst also focussing on brand new business.
This is a fast – paced multiple category selling environment, working with innovative products and an emphasis on keeping the customer at the heart of everything you do.
This role offers the potential to build a small team in the future when growth is achieved to a level that warrants additional support.
Extensive travel will be required; organising, planning and attending appointments with customers and managing your own diary.
Predominantly based from home (when not out with customers) but expected to attend meeting in the norther based head office 1 – 2 times per month.
You will be a true Ambassador for the company and will develop valuable business relationships with new and existing customers across your defined geographical area, taking full ownership of customer’s needs and delivering outstanding account management by effectively planning and managing all activity.
In order to be considered for the position of Sales/Account Manager, you must possess the following:
- A high - performing field sales professional with a proven track – record
- Experience and understanding of selling into garden centres and independent retailers
- A strong work ethic and target driven/results focussed approach
- A confident, sociable and high – energy personality
- Proven skills in negotiation and presentation
- A self – starter with the ability to work with little supervision
- Excellent sales skills with the ability to build sales arguments, influence decisions and close on sales orders
- A full UK driving license
- Based in a central southern location (as listed above)
The job holder will enjoy a negotiable basic salary plus an attractive and uncapped on target earning potential, a company car and all business expenses paid.
Contact: Sophie Simmonds
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.