McCurrach work with a number of brands within the Retail, Technology and Financial Services Industries and our purpose is singular - we exist to help brands sell more. Our Client Service/Account Managers play a pivitol role in helping us do so! We currently have an opportunity to join one of our teams as a Account Manager due to continued growth and are looking to speak to experienced Account Managers with a Field Marketing background.
Our Client Service Managers/Account Managers play a very unique and important role! The link between our clients, field based teams and head office - you will work very closely and be the main point of contact for your key client contacts to help translate their strategic, brand and retail promotional requirements into a structured, clear & stretching set of guidelines for our field teams. We are committed to being a leader in our industry, challenging the norm to unlock the best ways to sell more for the brands we partner with. And as an Account Manager you will play a key role in helping us do so.
Owning the day to day relationships and engagement with your client, you will unlock key detail from them to optimise the field operation. Keeping the client and field teams aligned to results, you will oversee and manage the planning and reporting aspects. You will own annual revenue targets and use your internal McCurrach Group network to help shape solutions to support further business development opportunities.
Commercially aware, you will consider yourself pretty outstanding when it comes to data and insight! This is a huge part of your role so experience of working with data, being very comfortable with numbers and being able to tell the story is essential. Your fantastic engagement and relationship skills will also enable you to adapt your style easily and you will confidently constructively challenge where required to ensure successful delivery, whilst bringing the client and team with you.
We welcome applications from all of the UK however you can expect to travel to client sites as and when required so overnights are a given (when we are back to some form of normality!). Based from home, when you are not travelling to meet with your main client contacts on site, you may from time to time travel to McCurrach Head Office in Glasgow or other locations on occasion depending on business needs so flexibility is required.
We are keen to consider applications from those with experience of working within a similar Commercial Account Management role within the Field Marketing industry - ideally within either Grocery or Convenience (FMCG).
Whats in it for you?
We recognise that people are the key to our success. That’s why we make sure that everyone at McCurrach enjoys continuous support, great perks and excellent career development opportunities. Some of the key perks of this role include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holidays + public holidays (increases with length of service)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Company car & fuel card
- Free life assurance at 3x annual salary
- Private Healthcare
- Company Management Incentive Plan or client bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme – 4% employer contributions
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 support on Physical, Mental and Financial Well-being
- Family-friendly working policies (such as enhanced maternity & paternity leave)
- Monday to Friday - flexible working and part time may be considered!
- Access to our Employee 'perks' site (discounts from a wide range of retailers, gym memberships, leisure activities plus much more!)
- Opportunity to volunteer for our McCurrach taskforces (Diversity & Inclusion; Sustainability; Wellbeing & Community)
- Personal development through our 'Byte' e-learning platform
- Supportive company culture & values
What are we looking for?
You should have:
- Commercial experience, preferably within FMCG, with Account Management experience within a Field Marketing environment essential
- Data driven, very comfortable with numbers and can tell the story
- Solutions focused/natural problem solver
- Client and Team Management experience - you may have direct reports so experience of managing a team is preferred although may not be a dealbreaker!
- Skills & confidence to manage up and down through an organisation – both client and agency
- Strong analytical & presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- A proven ability to translate commercial direction and strategic requirement into field briefing
- Clear adaptability to ensure a collaborative way of working ensuring the field and commercial team work as one
- Have experience of setting, developing and managing customer relationships and service
- High levels energy, resilience and calm under pressure
- Experience of working within a fast paced organisation that is constantly changing