Are you a Category Manager looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you want do be a key player in the continued growth of a leading brand as they strive for the number 1 spot in their category? This could be the role for you!
Signature Career Management are partnered with a leading FMCG business based in the North West. This is a heritage brand who are innovation focused, forward thinking and invest heavily across the board in their health-driven agenda. The team are collaborative, supportive, and inspiring. The company are now looking to appoint an individual into a Category Management role. Category Manager acts as the lynch pin in this business, supporting Brand growth working hand in hand with the wider Marketing team and National Account Managers. An instrumental role which requires an individual who wants to grab this with both hands and be a part of a very successful and inspiring team.
As Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- The analysis of various data sources (kantar/ IRI etc.) to deliver compelling insight back into the business
- Collaboration with Top 6 grocery retailers performing category range reviews
- Presenting to retailers and the wider business on your findings and insight
- Taking the lead in all other category management in space planning, strategic development and NPD implementation
- Utilise shopper insights, promotional activity and consumer trends to ensure ROI and both marketing and sales opportunities
You will be responsible for more than one retailer and so you must be someone who is excited about getting stuck in! Week by week will look different depending on retailer and business needs so you also must be someone who enjoys variety! You should be someone who is proactive in nature, driving the value in category management with your key retailers.
What does the successful candidate look like?
- Already operating as a Category Manager or Category Analyst in the FMCG world, interpreting data and presenting to retailers OR operating retailer side in a category planning/ merchandising capacity already holding a working knowledge of the various data sources
- Familiar with various data sources such as IRI and Kantar
- Holding strong presentation skills, comfortable in front of customers and presenting key trends and range reviews
- Highly numerical and analytical – able to draw insight and translate into something meaningful
- Detailed and action orientated
- A self-starter, confident and ambitious, proactive in nature pushing for more!
- Collaborative, a team player who can hold a room having strong communication skills
- Influential, passionate, fearless in the pursuit of success!
If this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate in applying or getting in touch for a further conversation.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.