Sales Controller Wholesale & OOH
This role reports to and supports the Sales Director in a “hands on” role to achieve stretching commercial KPIs through leading, developing and executing commercial strategy aligned to customer needs, to deliver profit and increase shareholder value.
What you will contribute
- Delivery of annual volume, GSV and margin targets for customers within the Wholesale & OOH sales channel.
- Lead the development of the Wholesale & OOH sales channel business plan, aligned to company strategy and objectives, unlocking opportunities within the customer base to deliver against all budget metrics.
- Lead a team of sales personnel to deliver their individual annual volume, GSV, margin and brand targets.
- Lead the development and execution of OOH joint business plans with customers integrating both customer and FRS strategy and objectives to deliver profitable growth.
- Coach and develop the sales personnel within the channel, addressing capability gaps, and holding regular meetings to appraise progress versus commercial objectives and personal development objectives.
- Ensure total business engagement of a customer centric multi-level, multi-function approach to the channel’s customer base as appropriate to each customer to unlock growth opportunities within the sales channel.
- Lead the development of financial modelling with Finance and NAMs to make informed decisions based on 2/3 party margin management criteria.
What you will bring
- Degree level education preferred.
- Minimum 7 years sales experience including both branded and private label products in a FMCG environment.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience in a commercial environment.
- Extensive experience of negotiating pricing and winning profitable tendered contracts.
- Understanding of, and ability to use, data and category management principles to deliver mutual beneficial solutions to FRS and its customer partners.
- Proven ability to influence both external and internal stakeholders to implement new solutions to drive profitable growth.
- Ability to manage complex relationships acting as initial escalation point for buyers and senior buyers.
Key interfaces: Internal - SD & ELT, NAMs, CP&A, IBP. Wider commercial and operational organisation. External – Buyers and Senior Buyers. Logistics and planning functions.
Dimensions: Lead a team of 5 sales personnel to deliver profitable value and volume growth across bread, biscuits and morning goods within an overall sales channel. c£37m GSV
Competitive salary and benefits
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach.
Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So, we make, bake, and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/