Category Planning & Activation Manager for Biscuits
The Category Planning & Activation Manager for Biscuits is a pivotal role here at Frank Roberts and Sons and is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team at a really exciting time for the business.
We're looking for an experienced MS&P professional with Own Label and Brand on their CV, along with a strong knowledge of Category Management. We need someone who can influence a team of account managers to deliver the Biscuits P&L while also managing a complex product portfolio and working alongside an amazing Innovation team to further strengthen our year-round business in this exciting category.
Reporting to the Head of CP&A this is a key leadership role within the Biscuits part of the business, owning all aspects of the CP&A responsibilities for the Biscuit category working closely with the Sales team in particular to ensure that they have everything they need to deliver a successful sell for all existing and new products. Create the plan for growth in the Biscuits sector and lead its implementation across all customers and channels.
What you will contribute
- Coordination across all customers to manage their different Own Label requirements, finding common ground and ensuring that complexity and duplication are reduced to deliver the most efficient ranges possible.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Innovation teams to develop a year-round proposition for Biscuits, balancing the volumes across both seasonal events and year-round opportunities to grow sales and to grow our capability set in the eyes of our customers.
- Measure and report on performance across all customers, leading the development of a performance dashboard and its use in identifying opportunities to deliver additional sales.
- Be the Commercial lead across all Innovation projects within the Biscuits category. Develop the early stage and final stage customer sell documents to sell both the Category opportunity and the specific product-level listings. Measure progress against the benchmarks set and report on significant variances, working with the Head of CP&A and the Head of Innovation to refine the process over time to show continual improvement in forecast accuracy and NPD success.
- Implement the Channel Strategy for Biscuits, measuring progress at all stages and highlighting areas where more support is needed to ensure successful delivery through alignment with the executional plans across Brand, Category and Sales to deliver the strongest possible levels of distribution and sales support, maximising short-term opportunities where they align with our broader business objectives.
- Own the P&L for Biscuits through effective pricing and promotional management within all channels. Work with Sales teams to deliver the Biscuits Category P&L through the effective management of their own customer P&L’s and hold them to account where objectives aren’t being met.
- Jointly develop the Category Growth Vision with the Head of CP&A and implement all aspects of this within the Biscuits category, measuring successes and achievements as agreed within the Vision.
- Work in partnership with the Brand team to deliver a programme of Shopper Marketing activity, ensuring brand and own-brand visibility is maximised through both shelf positioning and off-shelf feature and that plans for disruptive off-shelf activity are aligned to both marketing and sales plans across the full year.
- Work with the Sales teams to improve their own ability to access top-level market data for Biscuits, helping to up-skill them in both accessing and interpreting this data helping them build better data-led sells.
What you will bring
- A strong track-record of leadership in an Own-Label led business, ideally within an MS&P or central Commercial function.
- A proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders across many different customers and to build a clear roadmap for how to further develop the category and our role within it.
- Experience of managing P&L’s and delivering P&L improvements through the management of different stakeholders and the different levers that can be used to move the metrics within the P&L.
- Experience of working closely with Sales teams, understanding the ways that buying contacts are measured and how to engage with them.
- Experience working across multiple commercial functions including Category, Insight, Marketing, and Innovation and able to deliver balanced, category-focussed recommendations across all channels.
- A strong understanding of Shopper Marketing and the ways of influencing shoppers across the path to purchase
- The tenacity to learn and develop personally and to help the business deliver a programme of continuous improvement.
Key interfaces: Sales Controllers, Senior NAM’s and NAM’s. Brand Managers & R&D Team Members. Demand Planning
Competitive salary and benefits
About Frank Roberts & Sons
Our family business knows a thing or two about baking bread – and challenging traditions. From the moment we started in 1887, we’ve taken a fresh approach.
Roberts Bakery began as a grocery store, but one that sold freshly baked bread to the residents of Northwich in the heart of Cheshire. We’re still based in the same lovely town, and our bakery is a local landmark. Everyone here knows our iconic cooling towers, with glass walls that show the freshly baked loaves whizzing around on their conveyor belts. While our experimental approach has largely been behind the scenes, our other hallmark has always been firmly centre stage: quality. We use only the finest ingredients to produce delicious bread and other baked goods. At our Little Treats Bakery, we believe everybody deserves a little treat from time to time. So, we make, bake, and decorate delightfully delicious biscuits and iced treats for everyone to enjoy. Find out more at: www.frank-roberts.co.uk/about-us/