EMEA Procurement Finance Director
EMEA Procurement Finance Director is business partner to the EMEA, China and APZ Procurement Directors driving actionable insights / analytics, driving the CCI and Cash delivery and sound decision making that results in the achievement of the financial objectives of the business. This position will have responsibility for managing the strategic financial planning, annual budgeting, forecasting, cost optimization, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, internal control, departmental expense review and improvement of business processes.
People & Leadership
- Behave in a professional and confidential manner befitting a Finance Director I to ensure “role model” status (both technically & behaviourally) in the Finance & wider McCormick business
- Directly manage team to ensure that core skills of accuracy, excel excellence, analysis and “knowing how to get things done” at McCormick are fostered and transferred to others (active participation in developing talent within the finance team)
- Use strong influencing skills with other departments to ensure all projects are completed to the best standard.
- Ensure that the EMEA, China, and APZ based procurement finance teams are multi- skilled enough so that team members can cover off the key aspects of each other’s work in an emergency
- Develop the team to ensure that all positions have clearly defined roles and responsibilities along with clear objectives.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and ensures development plans are in place for all members of the team.
Financial & Performance Reporting
- Ensure all reporting and financial procedures are in line with Corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
- Lead development of high quality, concise and focused management reports ensuring key information adds value to both SC and commercial audiences.
- Ensure Standard Costing & Stock management & reporting is done correctly
- Lead the continuous improvement & management of Procurement financial planning process including target setting.
- Manage the annual LTP, budget & monthly / quarterly forecast & S&OP processes for EMEA, China, and APZ Procurement.
- Participate in Strategy development: providing leadership to within the SC & wider finance team / input into strategic planning process where required.
- Evaluate and develop capital investment plans ensuring alignment with business unit strategies.
- Ensure robust business case is in place to support all proposals for expenditure. (ROI must meet Corporate expectations)
Business Improvement and development
- Provide financial analysis and commercial input into business improvement initiatives and projects ensuring appropriate levels of performance tracking are in place; this applies to ongoing business improvement and major change project delivery.
- Ensure all reporting regarding CCI is as efficient as possible & available to the Director of Cost Optimisation in a timely manner
- Business partner with the Procurment Directors to develop and support strategic initiatives
Control & Compliance
- Takes accountability for ensuring the control environment within the Supply Chain area is robust and in line with corporate guidelines; SOX and local accounting GAAP.
- Proactively manages risk within Supply Chain; identifies business risk and works with colleagues to develop and implement plans to mitigate.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Solid progressive financial/accounting experience.
- Experience in Supply Chain Finance - Strong proven knowledge of financial accounting standards and supply chain principles/processes (eg. S&OP).
- Excellent management skills including the ability to manage cross-unit and cross-function teams including indirect reporting relationships, coupled with the ability to manage multiple deliverables at a time.
- Solid and successful background in financial reporting and internal control requirements.
- Ability to identify, manage and implement process improvements.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong, sustained high performance coupled with the ability to lead people and change effectively.
- Ability to interact with and build and sustain relationships at all levels.
- Dynamic self-starter.
- Positive attitude in stressful situations, ability to resolve conflict and face problems head on.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no. 92545)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer