- Our client is a leading food business with a vision to grow its core brands within the UK market
- The company’s success has been achieved through a commitment to developing their workforce and also the innovation of first to market products.
- They are now looking to invest further in their commercial team with the appointment of an additional Senior Category Manager.
- Senior Category Manager role.
- To enhance, progress and elevate Category relationships with major Grocery customers of strategic importance to the business.
- To work ever more closely & collaboratively as a Category Adviser or Challenger across a range of categories
- Deliver credible, insight led & actionable recommendations to support the growth of the category, customer & internally
- To advise retailers through key decision-making periods, effectively influencing range, space and distribution decisions.
- To work in collaboration with Marketing on key product ranges
- To be the voice of the shopper both internally & externally
- Work with the Head of Category to develop and embed category visions, drivers and strategies both internally & externally
- Line management - x1 direct report.
- Highly knowledgeable in category management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Ability to make insight simple, actionable & compelling
- Excellent analytical thinking, attention to detail and interpretation of data
- Ability to work under pressure whilst being highly organised and efficient
- Able to manage short term deliverables in parallel to developing long term strategic thinking
- Able build positive internal & external collaborative working relationships
- Working knowledge of IRI/Nielsen, Kantar & Dunnhumby
- Advanced MS Office
- Minimum of 5 years of Category Management
- Branded FMCG experience. Private label also welcome.
- Previous line management experience
- Accessible to West London office
- A ‘can do’ attitude, happy to ‘roll up’ their sleeves
- Dynamic and creative with analytical integrity
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Has a natural curiosity to look beyond the brief & beyond the data, asking why?
- Happy to have an opinion, to challenge and to be challenged
This really is an exceptional opportunity to join a leading food business that will invest in your future, as long as you achieve outstanding results
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website