ABOUT US & THE JOB
At Cherryz, it’s our mission to make online shopping for essentials fun and affordable. We're backed by some of Europe's leading venture funds and have great ambitions so there’s still loads to do and we need more incredible people to join our journey.
We're looking for an ambitious FMCG retail buyer who is driven and has strong negotiation skills. In this role, you'll be fully responsible for delivering a commercially focused product range, while maintaining a strategic business focus to ensure continued growth in the category. You'll work alongside the buying team and report directly to the Head of FMCG Buying. The position would ideally suit an experienced buyer who is looking to have the opportunity to shape and develop the category and take it to the next level within a startup.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Source a range of innovative and customer-focused products
- Carry out regular range reviews to identify areas of improvement and develop these to maximise the profitability of the category
- Manage sales, margin and availability for your category
- Negotiate costs to strengthen margins and deliver better pricing for the customer
- Liaise with suppliers to produce strong promotional plans for the trading year
- Develop Joint Business Plans with key suppliers, to deliver joint growth targets
- Manage supplier payment terms
- Understand market conditions through benchmarking
- Manage customer needs through analysis of user behaviour and customer feedback
- Build long term relationships with key stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with other internal departments
- Proven experience in a similar role preferably in the Top 4 Grocers or discount industry
- Have a well-developed and informed understanding of their category, as well as the wider industry
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Highly analytical, be able to analyse data and spot trends
- Strong planning and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to operate with a high level of autonomy
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly driven to deliver personal KPI’s on category sales and profit
- Able to fully understand customer needs and demands (e.g. price, quality)
- Be proactive and collaborative with internal stakeholders
CULTURE & BENEFITS
We're a small team with next to no hierarchy. If you have an idea, we'll listen. If you want to try something new, we'll support you. So if you're a self-starter who’s keen to take on responsibility from day one, Cherryz is the right place for you!
We’ve fallen in love with working remotely during lockdown so even when things are ‘back to normal’ we’re going to encourage a remote-first work culture. This will look slightly different for everyone but on average you’ll only have to come to our East London office four to five days a month for physical meetings. The rest of the time you’re free to work from home, your favourite coffee shop or wherever you’re happiest and most productive.
At the same time, we’re big fans of bringing the team together socially for things like after-work drinks, mid-week lunches, parties and activities (we went climbing once!).
We love our products and we want you to enjoy them as much as possible, too, so you get 25% off everything on Cherryz.