- Join the buying team of this highly successful retail, Ecommerce and wholesale business
- Flexible home / office based plus Far-East travel
- Enjoy full responsibility for category development
A highly successful retail, wholesale and ecommerce business that is enjoying fast growth across multiple channels and brands. This is a new role created to maximise the commercial success in their Christmas category.
The Role of ‘Christmas Category Buyer’:
Reporting to the Head of Buying and working alongside a team of Category Buyers the ‘Christmas Category Buyer’ will enjoy end-to-end responsibility for the management of present ranges while conceiving and developing new, innovative product additions. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing present and future supplier relationships
- Tender key categories each year to ensure competitive pricing
- Development of current categories, using existing data and market trends
- Introduce new categories to meet market demand and customer expectations
- Contribute to factory visits, audits and quality control
- Regular packaging reviews
- Work with sales teams to ensure the achievement of sales and margin goals
While well supported, the job holder will enjoy a high level of responsibility that requires close attention to detail and excellent internal communication.
Candidate Profile: ‘Christmas Category Buyer’:
We are looking for someone who really knows about core Christmas products. You might already be a Buyer or a Junior Buyer with a focus on Christmas essentials or you could be in sales or marketing with a strong commercial perspective on how to bring a Christmas range to market. If you know about Christmas trees, decorations or décor and have experience of Far East suppliers – this could be for you. The skills we are looking for are:
- At least 5 years of Christmas experience as a Buyer, sales person or Product Manager
- Successful experience of Far East procurement and supplier management
- Excellent communication, administration and people skills
- Good planning and negotiation skills
- Able to conduct details analysis and present recommendations
- Keen to innovate, effect and respond to change
- Attention to detail and an interest in product design
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel
The job holder will benefit from an opportunity to work with a highly experienced team that will both challenge and stretch their experience. Future prospects are excellent.
For more information please contact Nick Hester. Reference: NH/22989.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.