A great opportunity for an experienced Raw Materials or Packaging Buyer.
My client is a leading international fmcg business, supplying into all of the major retailers. Over the last few years they have experienced real growth and they are now looking to recruit an additional Buyer into the Procurement Team. You will work closely with procurement colleagues overseas and be directly responsible for all of the packaging and raw ingredients required for this growing manufacturing site. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain you will also have a dotted line into Europe, so a great opportunity to get European exposure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all direct materials that come into site.
- Source new suppliers as well as manage existing supplier relationships.
- Be the purchasing representative for all NPD initiatives.
- Consolidate the supply base.
- Negotiate with new and existing suppliers.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and monitor commodity prices.
- Develop strong internal relationships.
Candidates will have previous buying experience within a manufacturing environment. Experience of working in a fast paced environment is essential, so ideally you'll be working in a food manufacturing or and fmcg environment. A track record of buying ingredients, packaging or raw materials is essential along with excellent relationship and communication skills. Candidates will be of graduate calibre with real drive to progress within this fast paced, ever changing environment.
In return you'll work for a fantastic, growing business manufacturing great products. It's fast paced but you'll be rewarded well and will be joining a loyal workforce which is testament to its great culture.
To apply send your details through to me today.
+44 (0)1625 560778
Linkedin @Focus Management Consultants