My client is an established fast growing toy business based in Devon, they are looking to add to their team with an experienced Product Development Manager – experience within toys, outdoor/sporting goods would be a real advantage. Applications will be considered from other non-food consumer goods industries. You must be commutable to the offices in Devon or be prepared to relocate.
- Conducting in depth market research and trend analysis.
- Identifying, sourcing and developing a range of products.
- Creating briefs for our in house designers.
- Overseeing prototyping and development sampling processes.
- Completing and checking product specifications.
- Liaising with suppliers and factories, including travel to the Far East, as required.
- Involvement in managing cost prices and ensuring company margin requirements are met.
- Managing each product’s critical path.
- Travelling to attend UK and international trade shows and visiting suppliers.
- Previous product development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of products and supply chain.
- Ability to produce innovative and creative concepts.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, internal and external.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and AI Illustrator.
- Excellent numeracy, time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people.
- Creative flair.
- A passion for product.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and methodical.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ambition and passion to succeed.
- Competitive basic salary
- Online discount
- Company sponsored healthcare scheme
Contact: Shelley Velati
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.