eXPD8 is a leading field marketing agency, delivering high quality support services to national retailers and leading brands throughout the UK, with a primary aim of helping clients achieve their business objectives in retail settings.
A sector disruptor, they operate a syndicated business model, working collaboratively to provide a tailored service that is underpinned by award winning technology and the largest tablet equipped mobile workforce in the UK. Through their field-based team of 2,500, they support clients with compliance audits, retail intelligence, product merchandising, promotional set-ups, relays and refits, ordering, stocktaking and product returns.
Their strong heritage in retail and unique market positioning has allowed the organisation to grow significantly, with sales of £25m, a team of over 60 in the central office in Bristol and a skilled and motivated field workforce spread across the UK.
Over the last 12 months the business has made some significant gains, including further technology investment, a strategic acquisition, and key new customer wins. In the current marketplace, they are seeing increased demand for their services and are well placed to capitalise on this, with a strong foundation to build upon.
The Founders now wish to appoint a Managing Director, to take the helm in commercial and operational leadership of the business and in driving the company forward in the next phase of growth. Building on their established reputation and blue-chip client base, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the eXPD8 strategic vision, which includes projected growth of 50% in the next two years and launching innovative and strategically important new services.
In this newly created role, you will become the figurehead of the business internally and externally, responsible for developing the organisation’s market profile and championing a reputation that attracts new clients. Working as a non-hierarchical leader, you will continue to develop the inclusive and positive culture already in place. You will inspire and drive the senior team and foster a results-orientated culture of growth and collaboration. Through your leadership, you will enable a strong operational team that has a clear and shared purpose. Creating an understanding of the strategic big-picture and the necessary steps required to achieve long-term profitability and growth.
Ultimately, your success will be measured on the continued growth of the top line, particularly in using your skills, experience, and network to acquire new clients and drive growth in the existing portfolio.
This is a Board position, sitting alongside the co-founders and non-executive directors.
Skills and experience sought:
- An experienced executive, ideally with a background within or as a supplier to the UK major grocery retailers.
- Track record of influencing, winning and operating large, outsourced contracts, ideally as a service provider.
- Experience in managing large, geographically dispersed teams effectively.
- A passionate and proven leader that can evidence prior successes and results, with P&L accountability and a track record of driving growth.
- A direct, hands-on style, able to be both strategic, analytical and operational. Experienced at leading teams through periods of change and high growth.
- An inspirational communicator who will foster a high-level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organisation and with clients.
- Experienced in developing new business and creating long-term customer engagement.
- A successful track record in managing large, outsourced service contracts, ideally as a provider.
This is an opportunity to lead a business that will see significant growth and market recognition over the next 24 months. A competitive package that reflects the gravitas and seniority of this role will be offered to the successful candidate.
New Town Partnership is the exclusively retained advisor to the company for this search. All direct and third-party applicants will be forward to New Town Partnership. For a confidential conversation please contact Jane Gilchrist or Louise Gibson. All applications will be considered and acknowledged.