Senior Commodities Manager based at Preston.
BAKO North Western Group Limited is looking to expand our team and are on the search for a Senior Commodities Manager.
The successful applicant should have the following :
Utilising key purchasing and negotiation techniques, manage a portfolio of commodity categories, driving profitable growth for the organisation. Effective supplier management, including negotiation, and data analysis/reporting. Identify and extract added value from categories and suppliers with a specific emphasis on commodities.
- Accountable for the creation and delivery of a product strategy for a portfolio of products across various commodity areas
- To collect and maintain appropriate data and information to support strategic supplier management and maximise opportunities across the commodity categories
- To manage and evaluate current and future cost prices to ensure the company operates at a competitive level, whilst maximising cash profit and income
- Negotiating the terms of purchase with existing and prospective suppliers.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the Commercial Team.
- Establish and maintain sound supplier and business relationships.
- Produce information and reports and commodity market reports for reporting as required
- To manage all aspects of the administrative areas of procurement to ensure accurate records are kept, including pricing, promotions, trading agreements and income management across all business units.
Salary will be TBC (Dependent on experience), plus 33 days holiday, pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays), Company Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Bonus Scheme, Long service award, Free parking, Healthcare plan, Cycle to Work, Staff discount, Company sick pay
Should you come from the relevant sector mentioned above and have an appetite to take on a new challenge then please send your CV plus covering letter and current salary package by clicking the 'APPLY' button