My client is a key player within the leisure and electronics industry who specialise in outdoor products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 2 years and has positioned themselves as a key player in their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next talented professional to join their Team as an experienced Head of North America.The role:
As the Head of North America, you will be reporting directly into the CEO and will be a key member of the Management Team. You will be responsible for establishing a North America based Service centre, with the responsibility of recruiting a team of customer service specialists. You will also be responsible for managing and growing the North American Accounts so initially this will be heavily focused on new business. Ideally someone who has experience of working with the larger big box retailers would be beneficial, ideally Target or/ and Walmart.
As this is a new role you will initially work remotely and establish an office on the East coast of the US/ Canada. You will then be responsible for establishing a North American based service centre. This will include a customer service team and after sales support team. This is a pivotal role in the company's growth strategy and will be integral to the North American market. The role is team-oriented, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the sales and after sales team is to a high calibre.Key Responsibilities
- Actively drive sales and increase profitability for your region
- Demonstrate the natural ability to build long term relationships with new customers while maintaining professionalism and integrity.
- Travel as and when required to visit the customers; attend and participate in trade shows internationally as well as in the Canadian and US markets.
- To establish a customer service centre on the East coast with a full operational Customer service team
- Be the main point of contact for the US and be the bridge between the UK HQ
- Work with the Management Team to ensure the correct positioning of products.
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities.
- Carry out market research to support new ideas, trends and concepts.
- Visit international Trade Fairs and suppliers, when required.
- Maintain product technical files and safety compliance records.
- People management experience in a similar role.
You will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally established a subsidiary within the North America in a previous role. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and have the skills to train and develop the people you recruit into your team.
You will already be an experienced General Manager/ Head of North America within the outdoor sector with ideally at least five years' experience under your belt. Understanding all aspects of leadership and sales, you will be commercially focused, equipped with strong organisational, planning and communication skills.
We are looking for a professional to join a friendly, dynamic team who has a lot of drive and commitment to their responsibilities. Sound knowledge of the Consumer Good sector and as a pre requisite have been in a Senior customer service level role. Ideally, you will also be degree educated.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right attributes and experience to join a fast moving and dynamic company, with the opportunity to progress further.