Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Change Management, we are seeking to appoint a Senior Change Manager, responsible for managing cross-functional transformational change initiatives that support McCormick’s ongoing business transformation.
This position has responsibility for the full change management lifecycle including stakeholder analysis, readiness assessments, sponsorship, communications, training, and reinforcement plans for high priority initiatives and/or workstreams within transformational programs. The position works closely with Change Leaders, Project Managers, L&D Managers, and Business Leaders to ensure effective delivery against strategic objectives to develop and implement change management strategies, increase learner/user knowledge and adoption and enhance the high-performance work systems needed to support organization’s short-term goals and long-term transformation strategies.
The position will support the development and execution of a change management program that impacts McCormick’s global organization, including preparing approximately 10,000 end users for significant changes to their ways of working through deployment of new business processes, roles and responsibilities, and new SAP technology. Building the McCormick of the future will include the enterprise-wide modernization and improvement of our enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems into one, global instance of SAP and reinventing the way we work. This transformation is a significant investment in technology and business process and more importantly an investment in our future to strengthen our competitive position in the global market.
Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
Position: Change Manager Based: Haddenham, United Kingdom
- SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF GLOBAL CHANGE METHODOLOGY: Participate in the design, alignment, development and implementation of global methodology, standards and tools. Work as part of the OCM team to establish global McCormick standard for change management, including assessment tools to determine readiness, effectiveness and efficiency. Support defining the skills and behaviors needed to support a holistic approach that stimulates engagement for change and supports business and digital transformation.
- MANAGE CHANGE FOR TRANSFORMATIONAL INITIATIVES: Lead the coordination and manage deployment of change management plans to ensure Employees transition successfully through people, process, and technology changes. Act as trusted thought leader to Managers responsible for leading and/or engaging in major transformation initiatives. Give guidance and counsel through change management lifecycle and business readiness planning. Utilize data and KPI’s for measurement and tracking, proactively identifying risks/issues/gaps and maps mitigation strategies.
- DRIVE ORGANIZATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Drive ownership of stakeholder mapping and analysis, organizational change readiness, and quantitative and qualitative assessments to drive speed of adoption, greater utilization, and/or higher proficiency. Develop and implement comprehensive plans that enable individuals, groups, or an organization to transition from the current state to a future state, achieving intended business benefits. Execute change management roadmap that minimizes stakeholder resistance and maximizes employee adoption. Support execution of agreed priorities and deliver insights productively through stakeholder management.
- IMPROVE ORGANIZATIONAL DYNAMICS: Identify patterns of behavior in organizations and develop solutions to increase their effectiveness during transformation change initiatives. Provide consultation and design of standards, tools, and processes. Engage and liaison with global HR COEs; participate on special projects or improvement teams as business needs exists; and collaborate and share insights.
- SUPPORT LEADER EFFECTIVENESS: Working closely with L&D COE, work with business leaders to help them improve and/or sustain performance. Support projects that may include new leader integration, team coaching, and process consultation.
- SUPPORT CULTURAL SHAPING: Utilize methodologies to identify opportunities to strengthen culture by changing thinking, behavior, systems, structure, and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Psychology, Organization Design, HR, Supply Chain, or related professional area
- Proven business experience working in roles of Change Management, Transformation Management, and/or HR or Business leadership
- Expertise in implementing change management strategies to maximize user/stakeholder adoption
- Demonstrated experience operating in a global environment, with understanding to different cultural norms and ways of working
- Experience in business consulting for large-scale and complex projects
- Experience in driving mid-size projects requiring advanced level project management
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Expertise in managing stakeholder expectations, including key senior business stakeholders
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Leadership skills, presence and credibility, strong judgment, business instincts and high level of influence and professionalism
- Ability to be flexible and agile and pivot to changing business priorities
- Ability to navigate through highly matrixed work environment to achieve business outcomes
- Influence without direct authority, diplomacy and tact, can build meaningful relationships
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong business acumen/savvy and understanding of cross-functional stakeholder needs
- Able to work both strategically and hands-on to deliver results
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently in environments that may not be black and white
- Proven ability to analyze and resolve problems by applying technical experience and expertise to review precedents identify potential solutions and select the best and most viable course of action
- Operates as a continuous learner, proactively asking questions, challenges status quo and making recommendations for improvement
- Advanced or graduate degree, a plus
- PROSCI, CCMP, SHRM, or related certification will be preferred
- Working knowledge of supply chain and manufacturing will be additional asset
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.