Job Title - Regional Sales Manager
Posting Location - Chelmsford / nationwide
Salary- Competitive (depending on experience)
Regional Sales Manager – W&H Marriage & Sons Ltd is a family run millers established in 1824, producing award-winning speciality, stoneground and organic flours. We are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Flour Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing existing accounts (bakeries, manufacturers, foodservice, wholesale), ensuring a high level of customer service, and seeking out profitable new business opportunities, to achieve annual sales targets.
Key duties include:
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships in the bakery, manufacturing, foodservice and wholesale sectors, via regular communication and visits.
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities, following up on trade enquiries and opening new accounts.
- Developing profitable sales and achieving agreed upon annual sales targets.
- Undertaking commercial negotiations with customers.
- Regular reporting on sales activities and pipeline to management, inputting into sales forecasts, using sales data and ERP systems.
- Staying up to date on market trends and competitor activity, to identify sales and NPD opportunities.
- Debtor management and customer credit monitoring in consultation with the accounts team.
- Delivering sales promotions and marketing activities, in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
- Liaising with the Technical team on complaint resolution, technical enquiries, and NPD.
- Working closely with office sales, Production and Transport teams to ensure a high level of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven track record of achieving profitable sales in the food sector (ideally premium, ingredients)
- Degree/ HND level in a business-related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experienced in customer relationship management and new business development
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude, good time management and administrative skills
- Competent IT user (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ERP systems)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial understanding, numerical and negotiating ability
- Full clean driving licence
We are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension of 5.5% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution (after 3 months service) and life assurance (after 3 months service), as well as company car, laptop and mobile phone.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please