Come help us Nourish the Nation! Are you an experienced Training Manager with a Manufacturing / FMCG / Food background?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are one of the largest employers in the Chichester area, employing more than 1,200 talented individuals and we are growing!
We have 4 sites. 3 on the Chichester Food Park and 1 in Selsey and as Operations Training Manager you will be spending time with your Trainers on each site and a regular change of scenery every day!
Our employees say it's our people that make NWF a brilliant place to work, come and find out for yourself!
A day in the life of an Operations Training Manager:
We make delicious salad meals, coleslaw, potato salad, bagged salads and leafy salad bowls. Our products are stocked by leading Retail supermarkets & restaurant chains and consumed by millions of customers in the UK, so you may well have eaten something made by us!
This is a newly created role to support our growing training team so there is plenty of opportunity and autonomy to make your mark and shape the role.
You will have 7 direct reports who are all Operations Trainers so you will need to have strong leadership skills as well as the ability coach and develop a team.
Your first 3 months will involve evaluating the training offer and develop or make recommendations for change ensuring that there is a consistent learning offer across all sites. This role is mainly focussing on the training and development of our Manufacturing Operatives who work on a Production line.
You will ensure that there is one approach to operative training across all sites, from inductions, through job specific training which includes the documentation used, delivery of site training cards and where appropriate site-specific versions.
Ensure all employees within the sites are fully trained and equipped with the right level of knowledge and skills to complete their tasks successfully so we can deliver perfect products to our customers and ensure we are always safe and legally compliant.
It is important that training materials used across all sites have been crafted from the SOP and have a joint sign off process with the relevant stakeholders. Accountability for ensuring that all documents are version controlled and all training records are held on our LMS system Cornerstone.
Provide impactful reporting showing how training is supporting business strategies.
As a food business there are lots of additional elements to consider including food hygiene and health and safety. You will need to be able to work collaboratively to ensure engagement with different internal stakeholders across the business including Technical, Hygiene, Logistics, H&S & Finance.
We have a diverse team of colleagues and English is often a 2nd language. The ability to think creatively to ensure learning is embedded and communicated effectively will ensure success.
If you're looking for a role where you can genuinely influence change, shape the strategy and direction of your training team and bring to life a first-class learning offer then apply today!
Covid update: We can carry out video interviews and all our sites are Covid secure.
8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday. Due to the nature of the role, flexibility around hours may be required.
This is a permanent role.
- A passionate and positive people person.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of developing a team.
- Previous Training Management experience from a Food Manufacturing business would be ideal however we are happy to consider talent from other manufacturing / FMCG industries.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Experience of shaping a training offer within a manufacturing business.
- Strong business acumen, able to analyse and interpret data and identify trends
- Builds trusting relationships at pace and excellent collaboration skills
- Able to develop training curriculum and documents
- Food safety level 4 or equivalent (desirable)
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate level)
- CIPD level 5 Learning & Development (desirable)
Your journey with us:
You'll be spoilt for choice with future career development opportunities at Natures Way Foods. If you're interested in becoming an expert in your field or maybe an upwards or sideways move is part of your career plan, we want to help make your career ambitions a reality.
- Competitive salary
- Annual company performance bonus
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- 1 day company paid volunteering day
- We have Mental Health Advocates and an established wellbeing programme
- Healthshield Perks healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Plenty of development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
- Business casual dress down policy
- Free parking available across all sites
- Relocation package available
We are Lovers of the Leaf, Kings of Coleslaw and proud of our Stunning Salad Meals!
Our manufacturing sites are centres of excellence and have grown significantly since 1994. 2020 saw the launch of our very first brand, a saucy salad meal kit called FLiNG and we have plenty of exciting projects still to come so watch this space!
Key Words: Training Manager, Operations Training Manager, L&D, Learning and Development, Trainer, Training Manager, Training Management, Assessor, PMO, PEO, Production, Food Industry, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Fresh, Produce #Chichester, #NWF