My client is a key player within the consumer industry who specialise in entertainment products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 2 years and has positioned them as a key player within their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next two talented professionals to join their Team as an experienced Product Managers.
They have an established team who offer a great working atmosphere which is led by the Senior Leadership team. The company has good market penetration in the top four Multiples, High Street and Online retailers with opportunities to expand further in both domestic and international markets.The role:
As the Product manager you will be reporting directly into the Head of products and will both be key member of the NPD team. You will be office based in the East of England and be working alongside Graphic Designers and two Senior Product Managers. This is a team-oriented role and you will be responsible for ensuring that the quality and integrity of the final products meet the brief as well as the relevant toy safety standards. You will spend time working with product inventors, packaging designers and plastics engineers to make sure products achieve target costs, are correctly positioned and commercially viable.
As most of the manufacturing is carried out in the Far East, the role will require trips to that region to oversee product development, so prior experience of this is essential for this role. Key Responsibilities
- Carry out market research to support new ideas and concept for each category, presenting finding internally.
- Drive growth by identifying new product ideas, suggesting price points and positioning.
- Review current product lines, suggesting product and packing improvements.
- Develop concepts from initial drawings, through to final production through CAD's, 3D modelling, tooling, and final samples.
- Create technical component and product data specification forms for suppliers and 3rd Party Auditing, including all relevant artwork.
- Ensure all safety compliance documentation is completed and renewed for all retailer partners and subsidiaries.
- Working with factory management, manufacturers and plastics engineers.
- Check and consider Legal implications of proposed new products ideas.
- Negotiate costings with suppliers inline with targets, MOQ's and leadtimes.
- Work hand in hand with all internal departments ensuring products are developed, produced and shipped in line with agreed deadlines.
- Oversee international artwork, imagery & language requirements.
- Schedule products in line with retailer critical paths.
- Visit international Trade Fairs and suppliers, when required.
- Maintain product technical files and safety compliance records.
You will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally come from a product design background with a passion for NPD. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills. An understand of electronic products would be preferred but not essential.
You will already be an experienced Product Manager within the consumer space with 3-5 years' experience. You be degree educated within a Product design function. Understanding all aspects of product development, you will be commercially focused and equipped with strong organisational, planning and communication skills.
We are looking for two professionals to join a friendly, dynamic team who have a lot of drive and commitment to their responsibilities. Sound knowledge of the tooling and injection moulding process would be a distinct advantage.
You will relish developing sound working relationships and networking with designers and manufacturers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right attributes and experience to join a fast moving and dynamic company, with the opportunity to progress further.