Site Technical Manager
Competitive Salary & Package
As one of the most recognised fresh produce businesses within their chosen categories, our client has continued to develop year on year. Since entering the market over a decade ago, our client has used their expertise to promote significant levels of growth. This has allowed the business to create a culture of elitism, whilst also retaining the open and inclusive values set by the owner and executive team within the organisation.
Our client’s impressive growth has been reached through creating high levels of service, constant innovation and ability to diversify their customer base. Following such strong growth over the last 12months, our client is looking for a technical professional to join them on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of your role as Site Technical Manager will be to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the technical function, embedding a HACCP based food safety system underpinned with appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the business meets all current UK and European legislation from a food safety perspective. You will also be expected to deliver on all customer technical requirements in full, ensuring that communication to customers exceeds their own expectations.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring technical policies & procedures deliver finished products that meet all current, relevant food safety legislation and customer Codes of Practice.
- Robust management of a HACCP based food safety system, comprising policies and procedures that will deliver BRC AA grade performance and exceed all customer technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain an industry leading QMS across both sites.
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of an effective and structured microbiological and pesticide residue programme.
- Managing the internal audit programme.
- Providing strong leadership and development for the team of 4 OAs across 2 sites.
- Taking a leadership role in direct customer communication on technical issues, giving all retail customers industry leading technical support.
- Lead complaint reduction initiatives for the site, communicating plans and progression to the business.
- Providing guidance & support to the Operations team to ensure any new processes or amendments to existing processes through lean development are both effective and technically compliant.
- Ensuring that all existing Health & Safety policies and procedures are fully complied with by all technical employees.
To be considered for this exciting new opportunity, it is essential that you have at least 3 years technical experience, operating within either TM or QAM level. It is preferable you have worked within a chilled food, horti or fresh produce environment, however this is not considered essential. Experience of delivering high level BRC audits, complied with a strong knowledge of UK food legislation is also key. Above all, you must be a bold and decisive technical leader with the ability to influence both internally and externally at all levels, across multiple functions.
If you are looking for a new technical opportunity and feel you have the right skills and attributes for this position, forward your CV today or contact email@example.com for more information.