Experienced Head Chef that has a passion for food preparation and nutritional development in children and adults.
“We care, we learn, we shine”
Ash Grange Nursery and Primary School are seeking an exceptional Head Chef to drive and deliver its new catering vision. This is a unique opportunity to develop a new service to the school community, with lots of opportunity for creativity and a desire to create a restaurant experience, not a “school dinner”.
The successful candidate to be a highly motivated individual who cares passionately about food and diet. A person who has the skills to create menus that deliver the highest food standards that entice children to eat well, develop their palette, make healthy choices and develop their understanding of nutrition.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience running a kitchen, have proven leadership skills and be ambitious. This is a great opportunity for someone to create a catering experience that delivers a professional outstanding service to children, staff and our community of families.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the team and lead each service
- Create exciting dishes for the school restaurant
- Ensure the highest health and safety standards are adhered to by all members of the team
- Train and develop the kitchen team skills and knowledge
- Communicate well with all stakeholders and school team
- Have a determination to make a difference to the children and families’ food choices, knowledge and skill development
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have great team skills
- Use their initiative and be proactive
- Have good English and Maths skills/knowledge (GCSE Equivalent)
- High expectations of themselves and the staff they work with including promoting independence
We offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to develop the catering from the meal delivery to a community “restaurant” style provision
- Start Date: 1st April 2021
- Starting Salary: Surrey Pay Scale (PS5 - £20,684 – 22545pa) Pro-Rata. Equivalent hourly rate is (PS7 – £20.18 – £21.99ph).
- Contract: Permanent, Term Time, 30 hours per week for 40.2 weeks per year.
- 11.8 weeks of holiday a year (non-term time)
- The chance to work with a fantastic team of people, who care passionately about the children and will work hard to improve outcomes for them.
- Professional development opportunities that will see your skills and knowledge grow and develop.
Ash Grange is a “good” (Ofsted) Nursery and Primary School (2-11 years) serving a diverse community. We are particularly proud of our Anti-Bullying Charter Gold award, Healthy Schools Gold Award and the National Children’s Bureau Wellbeing Award for Schools which recognised that good emotional wellbeing and mental health for pupils and staff are at the heart of our school.
The salary is in line with Surrey Pay Scales and is allocated according to experience.
In addition to providing an outstanding working environment, benefits include:
- Employer/employee matching contribution to the pension scheme.
- Onsite parking.
- Access to the on-site swimming pool.
- Childcare vouchers.
Centrally located to good transport routes with free parking on site, the school is also just a five-minute walk from Ash Station (Reading, Ascot, Guildford, Redhill lines – SW Trains, First Great Western).
- Application Close: Sunday 7th March @ noon.
- Interviews: w/c 8th March
Ash Grange Nursery & Primary School
Ash Church Road
Mental Health and Wellbeing statement: Ash Grange Primary School has a learning environment that promotes and enhances the positive mental health of the whole school community, recognising that health relationships underpin positive mental health and have a significant impact on learning, health and wellbeing. We champion the expectation that ‘mental health is everyone’s responsibility’.
Safeguarding statement: Ash Grange Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.
COVID19: Interviews will be carried out face to face, but will follow governments strict guidelines, we ask that you wear appropriate face coverings at all time.