You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
In Boston and Spalding, our two sites employ around 950 colleagues who work together to produce salads, prepared vegetables, coleslaw, couscous and assorted snacks for a variety of our leading customers including Aldi, Asda, Boots, Co-op, Costco, Greggs, KFC, Lidl, Morrisons, Nando's, Pizza Hut, Sainsbury’s and Spar.
What you'll be doing
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Account Manager to join us, working with a number of our retail customers, to manage, motivate and develop the successful trading partnerships across the Salads Business Unit.
This will include:
- Creating and executing customer specific account plans by using trends and insight to maximise sales value and profitability through a business plan approach
- Identifying and developing, in line with customer requirements, new business opportunities within the division and maximise the benefits for both parties through the development, negotiation and delivery of joint business plans
- Establishing, developing and maintaining close, and long-term, relationships with key customers, building market and competitor knowledge to identify and proactively satisfy customer requirements; develop and act on potential new business opportunities
- Working proactively with the category, NPD and commercial finance team to develop a product offer that improves sales and margin taking into account shopper and financial insight
- Proactively challenging the business way of working to help develop and drive positive change throughout the business and within the customer partnership
What we’re looking for
- Account management experience with a broad knowledge of the convenience food market
- Experience of working within the grocery sector, from a supplier or retail background
- Team player
- Experience in the chilled food sector would be desirable
- Somebody with a driven approach who is a strong communicator; empathetic and able to liaise across different functions and locations
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future succes
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.