Position: SUPPLY CHAIN FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
Business Partner works towards company goals by providing or leading complex and interpretive financial analysis and reports for management. This person guides and supports the site leadership team by constructively challenging to test decisions and gain an intimate knowledge of the business.
Responsible for the analysis of the annual budget process, expense/service fee/staffing forecasts, balance sheet forecasts, statistical reporting, process efficiencies, optimizations and analyses of operational results. May also be responsible for or assigned to projects requiring financial research or significant process, operational or financial evaluations.
The position plays an influential role in relevant management teams and steering group meetings supporting the delivery of initiatives and strategic alignment.
- Independently, be able to research, link to root cause drivers, explain and suggest corrective action for financial variances between current results, prior year, forecast and budget. Distinguish and quantify volume and rate impact in analysis, and, independently, communicate analysis to senior local and regional management. Differentiate material versus immaterial variances, analyse and reconcile balances on the income statement and balance sheet, as applicable, identifying the pertinent focus areas and communicate, effectively and clearly, to local and regional management. Understand the progression of variances through the balance sheet to the income statement. Understand the key ratios as applicable (e.g. ITO, DSO, DPO, CTC, EVA and McCormick Profit) and the components that comprise each metric. Maintains an effective control environment and SOX compliance. Able to identify areas of potential control weakness, suggest and implement solutions to minimize risk. Plan, identify, gather and organize data to create forward looking financial information for multiple segments of the local business, with a detail knowledge of the basis used to create the information including the sources, methods, activities and drivers used and understanding the financial planning processes (budgeting and forecasting activities and strategic plan, as applicable). Detailed knowledge of how the information fits in with the local business units as well as the business unit’s impact on the Company. Communicate findings & interpretations and relevant conclusions. Perform business modelling as necessary, organizing and inputting data and printing the pertinent reports at the local business level and review for accuracy. With direction, interpret these results and provide explanation to senior local management. Knowledgeable in the completion of key models, as applicable, used by the finance function (budgeting, forecasting, CAAP’s, etc), demonstrating a detailed understanding of data flow and the model’s basic principles as well as being able to calculate, without direction, key metrics, as applicable (e.g. IRR and NPV for use in measuring the return on investment) Without direction, and in a lead role at times, provide financial support for the evaluation of an identified opportunity or issue (e.g. CCI initiative, investment return, balancing cost with performance and impact of operational decisions)
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Experience from working in manufacturing environment
- Experience participating on projects, supporting finance initiatives with the business
- Experience in accounting / financial analysis demonstrated thorough knowledge of the capabilities of transaction & reporting systems including, but not limited to Hyperion, SAP, Business Warehouse or other local systems
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and strong proficiency in Word and Power Point Internal
- Strong knowledge of the financial characteristics/drivers (volume, pricing, profitability, seasonality, etc)
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the financial differences (e.g. size, profitability, customers & markets served, between the different business segments
- Understanding of the business characteristics of the local market and competitors
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of different financial and analytical techniques and procedures
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to engage and influence others
- Customer facing focus for internal customers due to shared service nature of the organization
- Strong experience in managing expectations, also in senior management level
- Ability to work across functions and cultures Interactions outside the function using strong diplomacy skills to guide and influence
- Experienced with improvements to systems, methods of work and analysis methods and contributes to ensuring that they are continuously adapted to the business requirements
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.