Are you looking for a new opportunity which gives you a blend of sales and marketing along with commercial strategy? Do you perform in a strategically enabling role and capable of being a critical interface with the sales team to agree 4P tactics with customers?
We’re looking for someone to step into a Market Strategy and Planning Controller position for a global FMCG business which will sit as part of the Commercial Excellence team in Grocery Retail. If you’re an individual who can draw on several skills across category management, commercial development and shopper/ trade marketing and interested in putting all your skills to use and be a part of a team whose vision is to be the true leader in their field, this is for YOU!
Based in the Home Counties, this FMCG giant offers flexible working and the opportunity to grow in a business which invests heavily in learning and development. You will find opportunity to progress your career as well as make your mark in a relatively new team which is headed by an inspirational leader who has big plans!
Acting as the lynch pin between Brand Management, Sales and Category Management, you will play an integral part in supporting the direction, strategic decision making and commercial planning across the branded portfolio and with market leading brands.
- Work hand in hand with the Brand Management and Sales team to develop commercial strategy (channel, pricing, promo, shopper, trade marketing) by brand and customer
- Leading a multi-functional team to ensure the brand plan is fit for commercial purpose
- Translate the category vision to long term commercially targeted brand plans
- Work with the Category Management team to deliver insights to unlock growth opportunities and NPD
- Utilise insight through the Category Management and wider Marketing team to deliver growth with customers and to adapt commercial channel plans
- Develop strong commercial tool kits to aid the National Accounts team
- Agree 4P tactics with the National Accounts team by brand and customer
- Supporting the national accounts team in JBP development
- Direct team leadership
This is a broad role and encompasses all that is Market Strategy and Planning. You may be operating in National Accounts, Category Management, Shopper or Trade Marketing and looking for a fresh challenge. This will challenge you, this will see you influence key internal stakeholders and most importantly see you add a significant amount of value and in return you will be valued, rewarded and recognised as the business continues to grow. Does this sound like you?
- Experienced in commercial planning in developing the customer, channel and brand within FMCG
- Experienced in analysing various data sources and delivering compelling insights to generate growth
- Good understanding of P&L and the 4Ps of marketing
- Understanding of different promotional mechanics and impact within category
- A strong influencer who takes accountability and drives for results
- Takes a holistic viewpoint, strategic and develops long term vision.
A rare opportunity in a Blue-Chip FMCG powerhouse – interested in a conversation?
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.