Position: Packaging Procurement Manager
Do you want to save the world from boring food? Joins us and we will save you from boring work! We are currently looking for a Procurement Manager to join us. Do you have a relevant experience in procurement management in FMCG area? Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
• Responsible for the creation and execution of procurement strategies for several EMEA packaging categories to deliver value for the category and ensure supply through creation and execution of a risk management strategies
• Identify and deliver Continuous Cost Improvement opportunities for these categories
• Collaborating cross functionally to participate in optimization projects in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
• Use reporting tools and communicate regularly on the progress of projects to ensure successful execution of agreed procurement strategies
• Manage supplier performance against agreed objectives, putting in place corrective actions where necessary.
• Support the UK or FR business as local key contact for all EMEA buyers in the respective category team for both Consumer and Flavors Solution business units.
• Lead selected projects for the whole Directs category
• Deputies for the Category head in certain meetings/programs where necessary
• Deliver our Purpose Led Performance/Sustainability agenda for the category
• Lead Global procurement agenda for the category
• Manage several buyers (direct or dotted) to ensure effective execution of McCormick objectives across the spend pool, linking in with colleagues in other geographies to ensure McCormick global scale is effectively leveraged, including on Innovation and NPD
- Fluent in English with the capacity to negotiate in English. Additional languages French, Italian, Polish would be an advantage
- Graduate with a strong academic background, ideally with a master’s or MBA and ideally with Business, Engineering or Technical specialisation
- Broad experience in a procurement position, preferably in direct procurement categories for an Industrial company
- Evidence of maturity, collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, influencing ability.
- Strategic vision, capable of effectively translating it into realistic projects.
- Works with the customer in mind and manages stakeholders’ expectations appropriately
- Efficient, results and reporting orientated.
- Confident and change orientated, and comfortable within a matrix management structure in a multinational environment
- Highly competent in the use of Excel, Power Point and SAP
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.