Are you an experienced Marketing Manager within the Consumer Goods industry? Are you Looking for a new challenge?
My client is a key player within the outdoor industry who specialise in leisure products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 3 years and has positioned themselves as a key player in their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next talented professional to join their team as the Marketing Manager. The Opportunity:
As the Marketing Manager, you will be at the forefront of the business, reporting directly to the Sales and Product Director. You will initially focus on the UK market however over the next 12 months this will develop into a global role where you will develop appropriate brand strategies for successfully marketing of the product ranges. This will require planning, coordinating, and executing all the elements of the strategies and defining the business value chain. You will be responsible for building brand awareness & equity as well as driving sell-out activities of the products.Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the development of all branded marketing materials, collateral, packaging, and POS materials.
- Oversee the execution of all marketing assets, ensuring they follow signed off artwork.
- Plan photoshoots, video shoots, and all content creation efforts
- Work with the web product development and analytics teams to design, test and implement new ideas.
- Create strong, compelling content for consumers and businesses alike.
- Ensuring all websites are compatible with different browsers and are mobile optimised.
- As the business grows internationally, to manage International content/sites which includes international communications, content management for market sites, working with subsidiaries. Work with subsidiaries on market specific projects.
- Analyse the marketplace, competitor websites and web-based trends ensuring they are at the forefront of digital marketing.
- Manage the Graphic Designers to deliver impactful marketing and sales materials.
- Develop briefs for creative projects (e.g., Website design, primary/secondary packaging, label copy, hard/soft POS, website, advertising, etc.) and providing feedback on creative output to ensure it supports brand strategy.
- Support wholesale sales with product knowledge and other training materials
- Manage PR Agency to support media placement efforts.
- Provide support for Sales in preparing for Market as and when required.
- Identify competitive threats and highlight product strengths/weaknesses.
- Ensure all marketing materials are on-brand
- Possess strong project coordination and management skills
- Interact with all levels of management and team members to ensure good communication.
- Create Brand Guidelines
- Participate and organise company conferences, trade shows and major events.
The ideal candidate will have proven (international) branding and marketing experience, you will be highly competent in time management, expenditures, profit-loss projections, Point of Sale, banners, website management and ROI (return-on-investment). You will be a top performing self starter with the ability to effectively multitask. Your skills will also include but not be limited too: Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in marketing or Graphic Design
- 5-7 years relevant professional experience in marketing and brand management
- Expertise in Adobe creative suite in Design, Illustrator & Photoshop or similar.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent attention to detail