My client is a key player within the leisure industry who specialise in outdoor recreational products. The business has seen incredible growth in the last 4 years and has positioned them as a key players within their sector. As a result of this success, they are looking for their next talented professional to join their Team as an experienced Head of Product. The role:
As the Head of Product you will be reporting directly into the Sales & Product Director and will be a key member of the Management Team. You will be office based in the North West of England and be responsible for the Product Design and Graphic Design Team. This is a pivotal role in the company's long-term growth strategy. The role is team-oriented, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the quality and integrity of the final products meet the brief as well as the relevant safety standards. You will spend time working with designers and suppliers to make sure products achieve target costs, are correctly positioned and commercially viable.
As most of the manufacturing is carried out in the Far East, the role will require trips to that region to oversee product development, so prior experience of this is essential for this role. Key Responsibilities
- Carry out market research to support new ideas and concept for each category, presenting finding internally.
- Drive growth by identifying new product ideas, suggesting price points and positioning.
- Review current product lines, suggesting product and packing improvements.
- Develop concepts from initial drawings, through to final production through CAD's, 3D modelling, tooling, and final samples.
- Create technical component and product data specification forms for suppliers and 3rd Party Auditing, including all relevant artwork.
- Ensure all safety compliance documentation is completed and renewed for all retailer partners and subsidiaries.
- Check and consider Legal implications of proposed new products ideas.
- Negotiate costings with suppliers inline with targets, MOQ's and leadtimes.
- Work hand in hand with all internal departments ensuring products are developed, produced and shipped in line with agreed deadlines.
- Oversee international artwork, imagery & language requirements.
- Schedule products in line with retailer critical paths.
- Visit international Trade Fairs and suppliers, when required.
- Maintain product technical files and safety compliance records.
- People management experience in a similar role.
You will have a focused, hardworking and entrepreneurial attitude to business and ideally come from a product design background with a passion for NPD. As a positive and passionate team player, you will not be phased by working under pressure and to deadlines with strong project management and interpersonal skills. An understand of electronic products would be preferred but not essential.
You will already be an experienced Head of Product/ Product Development within the outdoor or Electronic sector with 3-5 years' experience of managing a Team under your belt. You will already be responsible for a team of designers with a good understanding managing people. Understanding all aspects of product development you will be commercially focused and equipped with strong organisational, planning and communication skills.
We are looking for a professional to join a friendly, dynamic team who has a lot of drive and commitment to their responsibilities. Sound knowledge of the tooling and injection moulding process would be a distinct advantage.
You will relish developing sound working relationships and networking with designers and manufacturers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the right attributes and experience to join a fast moving and dynamic company, with the opportunity to progress further.