As a growing privately owned Own Label & Partly Branded FMCG Business, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exciting future. Their strategic plan is to now invest further significant resource & capital into the "Grocery Channel", alongside the continued development of their other Routes To Market. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both Product Development and Leading Category solutions.
Their offering is premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. This is further supported through unrivalled product quality and traceability supporting their strategy for sustainable growth . Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their ability to meet Customer requirements is second to none. As part of their continued growth, they now wish to appoint a Senior Business Manager to lead 2 of their biggest Customers.
As the Senior Business Manager you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management for 2 of their key customers, and whilst you will be fully supported by the Commercial Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business. The category in which the role operates brings both challenges of leading NPD and Category initiatives.
The key drivers of the roles are follows:
- Lead Contact for 2 Category/Product areas across 2 leading Customers
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc)
- Full P&L visibility not just at gross margin level but at ‘Contribution to Profit’ level – understanding influence on the whole business and the wider impact of commercial decisions
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Ability to be able to reason and rationalise complex business scenarios; have the ability to manage the needs and demands of both internal strategies and external requirements by being able to demonstrate the balance of both.
- Application of Category Management and the practical approach and actions; influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- Negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBPs)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products
- Manage product mix to maximise margin
- Manage effective communication of NPD & Category Solutions
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Leading Own Label Customer Accounts within the FMCG across one or more of the Top 4 Grocers. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a slightly more Junior level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A "Category Led" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.