Looking for an individual as Senior Product Manager for the relevant portfolios, working as part of the Marketing team to create, develop and deliver the product road map within the overall long term strategy of the business. You will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 3 Product Managers.
- Travel to China and visit factories to source and buy products.
- Range management, managing the product life cycle across the business, discontinuing and managing exit plans where necessary and communicate the SKU status within the business.
- Range reviews and changes, working close with Sales and Operations to analyse key account SKU performance, increase sales and minimise E&O.
- Identify new product and/or category opportunities via both product innovation and product enhancement.
- Lead the NPD process within the business, working closely with other departments and external suppliers, project managing the NPD process from design through to production and launch.
- Product launch forecasting and review – forecast and monitor recent product launches and report back to the Sales and Marketing teams.
- General duties include; new product set-up, raising sku and barcodes, launch packs, product packaging, instructions, warrantees, competitor mapping, website product content and co-ordination of product training.
- Research and analyse the market, including relevant trade show attendance, to identify and understand both competitor and consumer trends.
- Develop product category plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness, pull-though demand.
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge, technical expertise, sales tools and sales training materials.
About the Company:
A well known and well respected market leader in the DIY sector who specialise in flooring, tiles, safety and tooling products. With a variety of categories and unique technologies which have made them a familiar name in the sector with several brands across this market.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Previous product / category management experience within DIY, Trade or similar FMCG channels.
- Quantitative and business analysis skills.
- Proven track record of launching NPD.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices with experience within B2B environments.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Excellent understanding of POS and merchandising solutions across all channels.
- Proficient in relevant software applications.
Contact: Rebecca Isaac
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.