Senior Process Technologist
Are you an experienced process technologist from an FMCG Background?
Can you demonstrate a history of successful innovation / improvement projects?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Chilled Food Supplier on the search for a Senior Process Technologist. This is a permanent role based in South West UK.
- Make quick decisions, be analytical, work to a critical path and communicate to all levels including the operatives and the customer
- Be an integral part of the Process team to ensure the successful scale up of new concepts / projects in line with the brief
- Work to a critical path and plan workload accordingly
- Engage with key stakeholders across the site and communicate any issues
- To ensure the Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stakeholders
- Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validating or not possible in addition to considering if the product quality can be maintained through scale up
- Following the feasibility meeting, conduct any required factory trials to assess the feasibility prior to presenting concepts to the customer
- Attend site Handover meetings once concepts are approved by the customer and raise any concerns
- Liaise with planning to book in factory trials and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Organise all elements of the factory trial including raw material ordering and sign off, nutritionals, micro testing, organoleptic testing, travel test, QAS generation, trial data capturing, freezing validation etc.
- Issue trial reports and attend trial review meetings
- Support with factory related customer sign off meetings
- Conduct trials to assess the removal of cost from products.
- Attend regular NPD meetings and discuss projects.
- To demonstrate good housekeeping practices at all times
- Adhere to all rules, processes and procedures in relation to the work
What are we looking for?
- A strong understanding of the NPD process and experience in Process Development in food manufacturing
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholder
- Working knowledge and experience of working with Top 4
- Detail Conscious
- Food Science Degree
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Marie Ramsay today for further information