The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Manages total portfolio of brands within the category to maximise returns
- Interprets Gfk Market Trends
- Has a thorough understanding of the market, consumer needs, product features and key competitors and is able to interpret market data, to draw out and communicate key conclusions
- Leads Market Assessment and Business Case for proposed New Product Launches
- Influences & liaises with Global New Product Development teams to deliver local New Product Development needs & Rolling 2 year NPD Plan
- Creates Multi-Channel Marketing Plans interfacing with Trade Marketing, Digital & Experience, plus external Media & PR Agency
- Controls Category’s Advertising & Promotion (A&P) Budget
- For all products provides Product Images, Video & Features/Benefits Text for Retail Ticketing
- Leads Retailer Range Reviews with a total Category approach, alongside Sales colleagues
- Manages code creation, phase in & phase out and other key processes
- Understands Euro range / Global SKUs for tactical promotion opportunities
About the Company:
An outstanding business within the homewares/electrical sector who are still delivering growth despite the current climate. Boasting excellent NPD they are innovative and lead the way in their sector.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
It is essential that the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skill sets.
- Extensive Marketing experience with a track record of successful New Product launches and Consumer Marketing ideally across more than one consumer brand
- Evidence of Market Data interpretation & application into action
- Strong Financial skills - evidence of building business case
- Experience in influencing remotely / working with other countries.
- Communication skills – external and internal capability
- Budgetary Management – monitoring / control
- Marketing agency – past experience of writing Media & PR briefs, liaising with the Media & PR Agency and evaluating media & PR strategy response
- Leadership –sets vision and direction for total category
- Analytical - analyses data and information; applies logical thinking to solve problems or make decisions, deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Communication – strong presentation and influencing skills
- Interpersonal - relates well to all kinds of people (colleagues and external stakeholders), creates and maintains constructive and effective relationships
- Planning & organising - arranges information / data in a logical manner
- Business acumen – applies business knowledge to decision making
- Methodical – high attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborative approach to working
- Driving licence – ability to travel in line with role expectations
- Experience working in New Product Development Team
- Experience of managing portfolio of brands within the same category
Contact: Shelley Velati
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.